Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny leaving special poop everywhere.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • JojoBunny
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone, I posted here in the past with my dutch bunny being obsessed with peeing on the couch, but recently he started leaving his soft special poop all over the carpet! He’s usually very good and goes in his litter box, I don’t know what got into him. He still leaves his regular poop in the litter. I did notice he stopped eating during the day, he only eats at night now.

Thanks!

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

Hi! 🙂

Is he neutered? Unneutered rabbits will leave territorial poops and pees all over the house, so that could be the cause behind it. They have an oniony smell, clogs up your nose! 😆 That would be my best guess, if not, then I’m at a puzzlement along with you. 🙂

Wishing you answers!

• DanaNM
          8947 posts Send Private Message

Do you mean his cecotropes? Has there been a change in his diet?

Not eating all his cecals combined with the change in when he eats makes me think maybe he is in some sort of pain. How old is he? Is he overweight? Sometimes buns that are arthritic or obese can’t eat their cecals very easily and end up leaving them around. Or he might be producing too many because his diet is too rich (maybe less hay eating?).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• JojoBunny
            Participant
            7 posts Send Private Message

He is neutered and he’s about 4 or 5. He’s not overweight when he went for his check up in June. The only change was we’ve been giving him 1 small leaf of fresh greens every night, mainly scraps from the veggies we cut away. I guess we’ll stop doing that.

• Desert_Bunny
              Participant
              9 posts Send Private Message

Mine leaves pee in random areas.  He is neutered. He has two HUGE litter pans which he decorates every day. Yet he likes to leave special pee spots in other places that must mean something to him. I haven’t figured out what it means. If anything.

• DanaNM
                8947 posts Send Private Message

Hmmm yeah some buns are sensitive to greens. It might be just one particular type, or could just be him adjusting to it.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny leaving special poop everywhere.