Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Keeps Eating His Cage

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Aimeenb45
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

So I recently bought my lovely bunny Nibbler a brand new fancy 2 level wooden cage, and he keeps eating the wood off of one of the doors on the bottom level. And I know I’m going to get a lot of “He just wants to run around. You need to let him out more”, but he gets let out for at the very least a couple hours every day. And I’ve noticed lately it’s at night when everyone is asleep that he’s doing most of the damage. Is there anything I can do to safely keep him from compleatly ruining it? (It is bunny safe wood, so I’m not worried that it’ll hurt him. I just don’t want him escaping/ruining his new $200 new home.) And it has a platform I can put down to keep him from going down to the bottom level, but I hate doing that to him. It makes me feel like he’s too cooped up. S.O.S. Please and thank you!!! 

• jerseygirl
        22342 posts Send Private Message

It’s just so in-built in them to do things like this, but it can be so annoying! It’s why edges of door frames and base boards are favoured by rabbits. 

There was another question like this not too long ago.  I suggested covering the parts they are chewing with something like this:

Image result for angle profile lengths
          Right angle lengths of galvanised steel.  Could you find some that is narrow enough to go over the door frame? 

If you do cover it with something he cannot chew, I’d then add in something to keep him occupied and still give him that chewing action. Fixing seagrass mat to the inside of the door perhaps. 

Image result for seagrass mat

I buy these because they are $2 and easy to replace. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Keeps Eating His Cage