Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny is peeing on me — HELP!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunluvr
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

I am a new bunny owner.  My boy is about 7 months old and has started running around me and spraying on me.  He used to run around me but now he is peeing —

Anybody have an anwer to why he does it and what to do to stop it??  I will be having him neutered soon and I’m hoping that will stop it.

Thanks

• Andi
        Participant
        1048 posts Send Private Message

Neutering is most likely your answer. Sounds like he’s a teenager, and he’s marking ALL that is his including you.

• Elrohwen
          Participant
          7318 posts Send Private Message

I’m with Andi on this one – he wants to let you know that you are his human and nobun else’s!

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

Yes, neuter ASAP. Unfortunately with males bunnies, if this behavior is allowed to continue for too long, it can become a habit and then even neutering won’t stop it. So if you have an appointment already set, you might see if the vet can fit you in sooner. It’s recommended that male bunnies are neutered when the testicles drop at between 3-4 months, but if you don’t have the bunny at that time, obviously this is out of your control. Let us know how he does with the neuter.

• RabbitPam
              11002 posts Send Private Message

I agree, he LUVS you and his hormones are proving it. He can schedule a neuter appointment soon, like yesterday. If you need help locating a rabbit savvy vet in your area, check the HRS website, http://www.rabbit.org, for listings of vets close to your zip code.
                You’ll both feel better afterwards.

• dmh426
                Participant
                433 posts Send Private Message

You absolutely need to neuter him ASAP. He is marking you as his territory and it is a deliberate thing. Neutering can be expensive, but it is the best thing you can do for you bunny healthwise and behavior wise!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny is peeing on me — HELP!!