Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny home materials?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Tripppysmurf
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

To all who has ever built there bunny a condo with those metal gridded squares. Where did you guys get them? Me and my GF have been to every wal mart and to lowe’s and home depot looking but I have no clue what they are called or what to asl for. please help us so we can build our bunny a multi level home

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

Well I have never built these, but my mom used the very same things for her scrapbooking paper. She got them at craft stores. I am sure they might be a bit more expensive there but I am sure that is a place you could find them. ALso you might check bb&b with all the back to school and dorm stuff. I am not sure what they are called, but I really wish when we sold them I would have kept some, we sold over 125 pieces for $30.00 but I didn’t even think about it for buns.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! These are called either “Neat Idea Cubes” OR if you go to Target – they are called “Organize It” cubes. The are usually found in the area where there is furniture, because at Target at least they are REALLY for making book cases. If you go somewhere other than Target (they are about $15-$19 at Target) then i would recommend looking wherever they keep the items for making bookcases, I think this is the real use for them. I know the furstration because I was looking for these for FOREVER I always seem to be able to find them at Target.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Hello Trippysmurf! Don’t feel bad, I searched all over Walmart and they do not have them. Like Moobunnay said, Target has them in their “storage” section for all the bookeshelves and such. True to word, they are really for books and storage. Bed Bath & Beyond (BB&B) has some too and I wished I had known sooner myself as they are a bit more closed in and would have like to have used them for the backside of the cage. All of them come in neat colors as well and be sure to get a huge bag of zippy ties! : ) I am the zippy tie queen. LOL Have you also considered flooring too? Well, let us know how your search ends and what you end up with, it’s a lot of fun engineering them!

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Tripppysmurf!! 

You might be able to them online at walmart and cavycages site.

• I found my "Organize it" cubes at Target (I have only found them at the physical stores, not online)         
              • http://www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm  (Great resource to cubes and supplies)
              • http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4433076 (14.99 at Walmart) Variety of colors

Of course, shipping them might be a bit expensive.

• Lionbunny
            Participant
            49 posts Send Private Message

I bought mine at Walmart, and for a while they had them on the endcap by the storage containers (rubbermaid etc), but when I finally went back to buy some they had moved them over by seasonal stuff (go figure). They only had blue and red at the time, but I have also seen black. I would recommend going to Target though, because I hear it is a better deal. There just isn’t a Target that close to me.

• luvmybuns
              Participant
              65 posts Send Private Message

I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I can’t remember what they are called.  I found them on a website talking about the NIC condos and someone had a list of what they were called at each store that sold them.

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

OK I had to look, the more solid ones are called "Grid Cubes" and the open wire ones are called "Stacking Modular Cubes" at BB & B. I beleive they are only carried at the stores that carry college dorm gear and am not sure that they carry them year-round either, so now they are clearing out of them so you might score a great deal with them.

• MooBunnay
                  Participant
                  3087 posts Send Private Message

For flooring I always recommend BIG LOTS for those cheap rugs that they carry. Also, the Salvation Army often has cheap sheets, tablecloths and rugs that can all be used to make nice soft flooring for your bunny that you won’t mind if it gets chewed or messy.

• Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny home materials?