Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR bunny has munchies

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Miss Chevious
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

MY little maggie has a case of the munchies. she just hears the bag of chips or crackers and she jumps on me intent on snatching one even goes so far as to climb up to try and snatch from my mouth! its too darn cute. when she finally does yank something away she carries it in her mouth to her favorite spot in the living room. its nice to be able to share rabbit stories because other people who don’t know about bunnies think you are weird. lol don’t worry…even though its a struggle i don’t let her have much and as evidenced by her poops i’m keeping it under control for her )

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha that is too cute! Welcome to Binky Bunny by the way I think we all share your sentiment of other people thinking we are weird…but recently I have found people being much more open to bunnies in the house, especially when I invite people over and show them how cute and sweet bunny companions can be.

What seems to be little Maggie’s favorite treat?

• Cassi&Charlie
          Participant
          1260 posts Send Private Message

I think bunnies get jealous when others are eating, and it may be that she just wants to be eating as well but it’s really important that you don’t give her these foods because bunnies have very different bacteria in their stomachs and this can disrupt the important balance. My bunny always wants what I’m eating, whether it’s baked beans, pasta or something he can actually eat. I keep snacks that bunny can eat next to me so that I can feed him little bits of stuff thats good for him while I eat stuff thats good for me.
            Maggie is adorable, I think i’d have a hard time resisting feeding her too but it’s important to resist that adorable face.

btw – welcome to binky bunny, where no one is considered strange for being a bunny slave

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to Binky Bunny.

My rabbit Stormy also gets excited if he hears a crumply bag being opened because that is the sound of his papaya treat bag. If ever we are eating anything sweet, a popsicle or jello he goes nuts running around trying to find the source of the smell. Of course, I’m a huge sucker and will always get him his own rabbit safe treat.

FYI- my fiance has threatened several times to put me in some sort of nut house because I’m so crazy about bunnies!!!! Oh, well, at least he stays with me (and pays for the bun supplies )

• MarkBun
              Participant
              2842 posts Send Private Message

I have been known on rare occasions to let Maryann have a bite of a ritz cracker or a cookie I’m eating. I used to do it a lot more until I learned about the dangers of it now it is once a month, if at all, that she may get a nibble. Of course the lil’ ratfink has taught herself both geometry and physics and has learned how to grab the edge of the item in my hand and twist, lever it in such a way that it will break off at my thumb, giving her the largest piece possible that I then have to chase her down and take it away from her.

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

Food and that crumpling scrunchy noise of something exciting being opened .

But arn[‘t we just as bad as our bunnies … when we hear these noises .. the anticipation of something yummy being retrieved from the cupboard and opened … chocolate biscuits, chippies your favourite treat

• Lightchick
                  Participant
                  1017 posts Send Private Message

Markusdark, you consistently crack me up! You’re one of those quiet people that one has to watch out for, aren’t you?! Silent, and then all of a sudden you swoop in and are HILARIOUS! First because you called Maryann a “ratfink” (I’m still chuckling! My favorite insult for Lizzy is “rodent”. The I threaten to make “Chicken-fried Bunny” for dinner. She is unimpressed, thus far!), and second because your rabbit has learned physics. Probably your own fault for being so smart…she’s picked it up from you!

LOL!

• Deleted User
                    Participant
                    22064 posts Send Private Message

Willow was doing that today to… 2 cute

• bunnytowne
                      Participant
                      7537 posts Send Private Message

buns are so funny. Cotton climbs on me sits on my shoulder if necessary trying to get the food on it’s way to my mouth. I have learned tooo to keep a bun appropriate food nearby so he can have some too. He hears me with an apple or fruit here he comes. He hears his bag of goodies being open here he comes.

He litterally gets frantic over those papaya tablets and he can count too. I give him 2 at nite and if I short him 1 he goes bezerk looking for it.  buns are fun

• Vinnie D.
                        Participant
                        55 posts Send Private Message

Nel begs for chips when I eat them. Though it’s cute to watch animals eat people food, I know I shouldn’t do it so now I keep a krinkly bag of crunchy bunny treats handy, so I can quickly swap them out. She doesn’t know the difference, she just loves crunchy food. Even still she’s getting a bit tubby. Maybe I should stop eating chips too, but I have the same craving for crunch.

• Lightchick
                          Participant
                          1017 posts Send Private Message

Thumper knows the difference between the rustle of the produce bags that have his lettuce, and our junk food bags…runs around in circles for his own food, and has no idea what the silly humans are up to with the other bags! Also, he’s figured out that we hide his food in the strange cold box, so anytime we open the door, he zips between our feet to dive right in! Lizzy could care less about food…there’s no bribing her. But Thumper’s a big glutton!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR bunny has munchies