Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny has gas? Can’t pee!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • senatcha93
      Participant
      90 posts Send Private Message

My bunny presses his tummy on the floor. He doesn’t eat nor pee. When he does pee he pees tiny amounts like a drop wherever he is. I’ve never seen this kind of behaviour in him – he is litter trained. I’ve tried massaging his belly. Now my mom swears on giving him Homeopathy which I don’t believe in. I don’t have Simethicone at home. Plus it’s a holiday here in Europe. Should I bring him to an emergency vet now or can it wait 10 hours until the regular vet opens??

• Bucephalus
        Participant
        21 posts Send Private Message

GI stasis can not wait. It needs to be taken care of immediately. Get him in to the vet if you do not have the things on hand to deal with it. GI stasis can kill a rabbit in as little as 24 hours.

• senatcha93
          Participant

I hate being irresponsible but can it wait 10 hours because I’ve called my regular vet – he’s out of town, and the emergency vet is half an hour away and seems closed now. He can’t pee. What can I do??

• Harley&Thumper
            Participant
            444 posts Send Private Message

For now can you give him baby gas drops and some tummy massages? I would also try and make some pellet mash and syringe feed him that just so he is eating something

• senatcha93
              Participant

I could persuade my dad to drive me to the emergency vet because his breathing was very shallow and he didn’t move…  Just got back. He has a bowel occlusion. Why he has it was not clear though. She gave him three huge shots and Symethicone drops for at home. Though he won’t take anything now… I shall wait till tomorrow. I also need to get some pineapple juice. The vet said it would help with the blockage.

The extended stomach is below the ribcage. There is also a smaller bubble inside which is gas. The problem though is all the food in the stomach which can’t pass through. I need to go to my regular vet tomorrow for a check up. I’m so scared…

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

How is your poor little guy doing now?

• Bucephalus
                  Participant
                  21 posts Send Private Message

Don’t be scared. Many rabbits make full recoveries from GI Stasis. You just have to be diligent with the treatment and after care.

Keep us posted on how he’s doing!

• Yilina
                    Participant
                    246 posts Send Private Message

Hi senatcha93,

My bunny has g i stasis as well right now. Sending you positive vibes!

• senatcha93
                      Participant

Guys, thank you for your positivity and inquiry! I’m sorry if I didn’t keep up with you, I was just panicking and really frantic still. It’s been over a month now post GI stasis and I’m generally so happy that he’s recovered. I know many other bunny owners are not that fortunate. It’s so scary but I’m also kind of relieved now that I know the symptoms of GI stasis I can spot it. Fingers crossed this was a one time thing though. As a result I changed his diet to lots of fresh meadow plants, hay and no pellets.
                        Also I am SO anxious and terrified something happens to him again. Whenever I’m out I am really worried about him. Do you know that feeling? How do you cope with it?

Yilina, how is your bun doing? I hope everything went well!

• LittlePuffyTail
                        18092 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear he is doing okay now.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny has gas? Can’t pee!