Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny gender change!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • kralspace
      Participant
      2663 posts Send Private Message

I guess you can really tell when a rabbit owns a newbie human. I dropped off my male lop for neutering this morning, complete with a description of his’leaping about and spraying me for the last 2 weeks and continually humping the new bunny. Got a call at lunch from a laughing vet assistant that SHE didn’t need that type of surgery. Yikes, it sure is a lot easier to tell a gelding from a mare, isn’t it?

Kathy

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha, my mom has horses – and yes – they are a little more obvious with the gender I had an embarassing (and unfortunate) vet visit once when I brought in a shelter bunny for a spay, and was informed (after they shaved her) that she had ALREADY been spayed (poor thing, got knocked out and shaved for no reason) you bet I got the bum treatment for like 5 yrs. after that one…

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

OOOOP! LOL! Actually, this is not uncommon! I can’t remember your bunny’s name. Was it gender specific?

• kralspace
            Participant

Her/his name is Pringles, so I guess it won’t matter, she answers to the sound of the fridge door opening.  I imagine you did get the stink eye from the bunny being shaved!

• skunklionshow
              Participant
              1257 posts Send Private Message

Several years ago I found a handsome white Tom cat.  I brought him home and discussed w/ my now ex if I could keep him.  He was sooo handsome!  Having been a cat owner for many years I knew how to sex a cat…well I thought I did.  It turns out he was a she and was pregnant w/ 5 kittens.  The kindly vet told me that when a cat is pregnant sometimes the genital area can look more "puffy" than usual.  Yeah OK…I’m a bonehead!

• Spacehopper
                Participant
                540 posts Send Private Message

Thank god it wasn’t just me!! lol…  Yes we bought "Bettie Bean" on the understanding from the people we saved her from that she was a she as she was to be my Bum’s girlyfriend.  First trip to the vet’s about a month back we told Bettie was a boy.  We were a bit taken aback, but continued life with our two boys.  Only last week when at the vet’s for part deux of vaccinations, i was told definitely a girl, 100% this time little girl and we could have our Bettie back.  Don’t know about anyone else but in the interim of having 2 boys, i just couldn’t bring myself to to NOT refer to Bean as my little baby girl!!  

• kralspace
                  Participant

oh, poor Bettie/Bertie….lol. I was told twice also by vets, that Pringles was a boy, just too young to neuter. I guess everyone’s warning that we need to use bunny certified verts is really true! Pringles has gone from what I thought was male spraying behavior to pulling her hair out so I guess a false pregnancy is next? Thank goodness we have a spay appointment next Wed by Dr. Bunny!

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

Hmm maybe after all that gender changing she’s feeling the need to prove she’s a woman by making a nest

• kralspace
                      Participant

You’re probably right MooBunny. I let Pringles in the 3 story condo I finished last night, she flew up to the highest point and stood up on her hind legs looking for all the world like she was beating her chest singing "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!"  If she figures out how to open the fridge by herself, I’ll probably be told I am expendable and please move out of her house…lol  Silly bunny. She still can’t change the litter box.

17209687671.jpg

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny gender change!