Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE “Bunny envy”

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • dmh426
      Participant
      433 posts Send Private Message

Ok, so I just have to say that I get some serious "bunny envy"  when I look around this site at everyone’s rabbits. Off the top of my  head, I love Jack, Sable, Hugo, Fujoe, and I think I am obsessed with Bailey. I want a bunny that looks like Bailey!!!! I love them all. Who else gets the "bunny envy" pand when on this site? I am definitely ready for another bunny…..

• LillyBear
        Participant
        223 posts Send Private Message

I definitley do. My bunny is just mean. I want a nice bunny. Not one that runs up to me just to growl and run back away . I am so nice to her too.. I just don’t understand..

• poopy
          Participant
          684 posts Send Private Message

Haha thats why I got a 2nd bunny with a completely different personality from Medusa. Medusa is shy and keeps to herself. Hecuba is crazy and I’m starting to wish he was more well behaved like Medusa. He wakes me up at 6am every morning by doing circles around his pen (in the process hitting/throwing his body against the metal pen walls which makes a BIG raucus). Lately he has been focusing on how to overturn the litterboxes. Though I love him to death, be careful what you wish for!

• Anita Stark
            Participant
            194 posts Send Private Message

Aww, I’m sure your bunnies are each wonderful in their own ways just as Sable has his faults… though I do admit that I might be hesitant about getting a second bun in case it proved to be a bad influence on our little

Your buns are still young, they may yet settle down.  For instance, Sable used  to bite and nip but he grew out of it.  It’s only recently I’ve been able to wear good clothes around him.  I usually change into my "bunny clothes" as soon as I get home, my sweat pants look like they’re moth-eaten.  Last night I had on a pair of good jeans and they remained intact

• wendyzski
              Participant
              1312 posts Send Private Message

I envy the people with bonded pairs.  I was all set to adopt Pepper a friend next month, but I just lost my job so that will have to be put off for a while.  At least she won’t be too bored with me around all day.

I’m also a little jealous of people with cuddlebunnies.  I adore my little firecracker-girl, but there are moments (like yesterday when I fished her out of the bathtub) that I wish for a quiet little cuddlebun.

• Theresa Moan
                Participant
                249 posts Send Private Message

When you got her out of the tub, how long did it take to dry her off?

• Theresa Moan
                  Participant

Also… I’m envious of the people here who don’t have constant marking wars in their house

• wendyzski
                    Participant
                    1312 posts Send Private Message

Well, 2 bath sheets got the worst of it, then I started with the blow-dryer.  Once I started on her tummy she decided she would handle the rest herself, bit my shoulder and ran off to her favorite place behind the couch.  Once I was sure she was warm again I let her handle the rest herself, since I figured that she needed some alone time to calm down

If I wasn’t so worried I would have taken lots of pictures.  She looked totally pathetic all wet, and then once she was mostly dry the tips of her fur were still clumpy and she looked terribly grumpy.

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

I always have bunny envy.  I love so many bunnies, but I will never have more than two again.  Bailey is a wonderful sweetheart, but you won’t envy the messy poopfest she insists on leaving everywhere in the bunny room.  (thank goodness, the she leaves the rest of the house alone.)   Ever since we moved, she been a disaster, and she and Rucy have really been getting on each other’s nerves lately, and so what does that mean?   Poop Wars!  And Bailey leads everyone into battle.

I love HUGE bunnies.  We have a big huge french lop right now at the rabbit rescue I volunteer for, and I just love to go into his pen.  

I am able to get my bunny envy fix once a week during my volunteer time at the rescue, so that helps settle me down. 

• Faye Perry
                        Participant
                        114 posts Send Private Message

I envy anyone that has bunnies that like each other – let alone love!!!  my two seem to get on one minute and then scrap the next (literally)   i got massive war wounds splitting them up last week.

when i see other loved up bunnies it makes me want to cry in desperation xx

• Theresa Moan
                          Participant

Hi Danielle, I tried to send you an email directly through your profile but it didn’t work.
                            I was wondering if you ever got that 2nd bunny from Paris. Hugo and co. say hi to Sophie Theresa

• Bunnies4ever
                            Participant
                            368 posts Send Private Message

I can relate to bunnybabe. My bonded threesome occasionally will have disagreements and I’ll see one sitting off by him or herself. But eventually, they’re all huddled together. I also have another pair of rabbits (yes 5 total) which are completely solitary bunnies. They don’t like living together, just playing together. So, I’ve got the best of both worlds. I don’t know why they are like that. I’ve got cuddle bunnies and bunnies that hate being picked up. I just respect and accept it. I don’t have poop wars or bunnies that chew carpets or walls, they just shred any paper that’s anywhere in their vicinity. Once I had a cardboard box with a client’s accounting documents under my desk and Chloe went in the box and starting shredding his receipts! I quickly moved the box to another “safe” location!

• BinkyBunny
                              8776 posts Send Private Message
                                Posted By bunnies4ever on 02/05/2007 4:20 PM
                                They don’t like living together, just playing together.

Since Jack & Bailey get along pretty well, but Rucy and Bailey don’t, I was thinking of letting Jack out during Bailey’s play time.  But neither one could go into the other’s pen without it causing a fight, so how do you allow playtime only.  Do you block off their access to their own pens or

• Bunnies4ever
                                Participant
                                368 posts Send Private Message

They both have access to their own cages. They are weird to say the least. They will visit each other’s cage and poop in each other’s litterboxes and eat one another’s food, but don’t like living together. They will play together at playtime, then go in their cages when they get tired.

• Deleted User
                                  Participant
                                  22064 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes I just think about how I want every bunny in the world.  Then Cassy does something super cute (today she tranced for the first time!) And I feel bad for even thinking about wanting another bunny =)  She is constantly reminding me how much she is learning.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE “Bunny envy”