Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A bunny doesn’t play with me

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ivana
      Participant
      35 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys. So I don’t know if this is a problem or I am exaggerating but my bunny stopped playing with me. She is perfectly healthy, eating, drinking and pooping normally. She gets exited about treats but when she’s done she goes to her room and lays or sleeps all day. Usually she would be running around me and doing binkies, now she only likes to lay and be petted. Do you have any idea why she behaves like this?

• Wick & Fable
        5771 posts Send Private Message

How long have you had her for? It sort of sounds like she’s just mellowed out and is used to her environment. Is she still eating and pooping fine?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Ivana
          Participant

I’ve had her for 2.5 years. She’s eating fine, but she pooped small poops earlier today and still isn’t pooping as much as she normally does. I think she was stressed, I massaged her belly, she’s laying pretty relaxed right now. I don’t know what to do, she seems perfectly fine but i don’t know what’s happening with the pooping?!

• Wick & Fable
            5771 posts Send Private Message

If she’s eating and pooping a good amount (though smaller), I’d just monitor for now. Perhaps she was feeling particularly “blah” today and so she did not eat as much hay as normal, or perhaps was more lazy/relaxed/inactive due to a short discomfort, leading also to the smaller poos. If things continue to get worse, such as losing appetite, little to no poos, unhealthy formed poos (ex. overly wet, diarrhea…), then I would be more concerned at this point.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
              16870 posts Send Private Message

Could she just be feeling warm? Sometimes bunnies are less active when it’s hot outside, even if they are inside with the AC on.

• Ivana
                Participant

Maybe. I’ve trimmed her fur, brushed her, providing cold water and greens…She just continues to lay on the tiles. I think she isn’t eating as much as she used to. She still has appetite and gets exited about breakfast, dinner…but isn’t eating the same amount from before.

• DanaNM
                  8901 posts Send Private Message

How quickly was this shift and how long has it been going on? I’m curious as to whether this just started today or yesterday, or whether it’s been going on for a while?

If you’ve noticed a gradual loss of appetite, she could have a dental problem that’s bothering her. Eating less hay would make her poops smaller as well.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ivana
                    Participant

I think she had early symptoms of GI stasis, i took her to the vet they gave her some liquid injection and later that day she started pooping more and now her appetite is getting better and she’s getting more active, not like she used to be before this happened but i think she’s recovering pretty well.

• DanaNM
                      8901 posts Send Private Message

Glad you took her in! Rapid onset of a behavior change like that is often an early sign of illness, so good looking out!

Did your vet give you any follow up care at home?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ivana
                        Participant

She told me to keep her hydrated and give her more greens. She’s getting her energy back now and running for pellets 🙂 I was so scared and crying for 3 days like crazy because this was her first illness, but I’m so relieved now that she’s acting normal and chill

• BZOO
                          Participant
                          327 posts Send Private Message

Beautiful bunny!

• Ivana
                            Participant

Sending kisses 🤗🥰

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A bunny doesn’t play with me