Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS bunny doesn’t like hideouts

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • petuniababy
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

Hi! so my bunny won’t go in any cardboard box hideout I have made for her. I have tried many sizes, shapes, and cut outs of holes (always 2 exits) and she will never chill in them in her pen. But i know she likes the security of a roof because she will sleep under my bed and the big chair all the time. I feel bad she doesn’t like the cardboard hideouts because I want her to have a safe place to go but she is always sleeping out in the open while in her pen. any suggestions?

• Babyfacecupcake
        Participant
        49 posts Send Private Message

Have you tried willow hide outs? My buns go crazy for them. They also love cat beds and cat cubbies. Mine also love any kind of basket (make sure there’s no finish on them) I made them a little teepee out of a basket and fleece.

(Edited by Forum Leader Wick to unbold all text)

• Babyfacecupcake
          Participant
          49 posts Send Private Message

or cat/children tunnels

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Some buns like to be able to see out of their hideouts. My local rescue uses laundry baskets with holes cut out and sanded down. The bunnies really like them because they feel protected but can see what’s going on around them. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bun-chan
              Participant
              29 posts Send Private Message

I recently got a cat house from ikea. It’s the same felt material as the fabric under our couch that she likes to hide under. She just doesn’t go in that hideout to hang out. I’ve tried to move the cat house around so the back is facing a corner, so the view would be the same as if she was hiding in a corner. I have no idea why she still doesn’t like it.

• poopscoop12
                Participant
                34 posts Send Private Message

Throw in hay and some treats to entice them. I did this while I was petsitting now my friend always does it to the packaging box when her hay gets delivered. Her buns love it.
                  Both of mine love this pot holder for some reason, also they like just the soft flooring (I used memory foam bathmat as I hear it’s nice for their feet) with a cardboard roof over it. https://imgur.com/RdkukxH

When my bun was solo, she used to sleep in her tunnel all the time, but she sleeps on the foam mat with her bf most of the time now.

• Peanutthebunny
                  Participant
                  239 posts Send Private Message

maybe try putting a box so the top of the box is on its side maybe shell like that

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS bunny doesn’t like hideouts