Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny Diggy Box

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lightchick
      Participant
      1017 posts Send Private Message

So, I think my anti-toy bunny may secretly be a digger!

I’ve just been leaving her carrier box out and open, and she loves to dive into it, and then spring out of it like a racehorse from a starting gate.  And I don’t want her afraid of the box, so that’s fine with me.  What’s LESS fine with me is when she goes into it head-first, and kicks ALL OF THE LITTER AND HAY backwards out of it and onto the living room rug!  She thinks it’s a blast, though!  She especially likes it when I crawl over and pick as much of it up as I can and put it back in the box, because that means she can go right back in and repeat the process!  (Seriously, she sits there and watches me put it back, happily waiting for her opportunity!)

So, I checked out the archived Toy Tests and saw K&K’s diggy box.  Was wondering if the posts on that test are archived anywhere on this site?  Are there any more cool tricks about that idea?  And is there any concern about the cut edge of the laundry basket being sharp and snagging bunny fur? 

I just hope Miss Lizzy will like kicking around shredded paper.  If her love of digging is only for finely shredded Care Fresh litter, I’m going to be a sad bunny-maid…

• Ana
        Participant
        182 posts Send Private Message

I found out last night my bunny might be a digger, too. I’m going to test the box soon.

• Ana
          Participant
          182 posts Send Private Message

And it’s so true how much of slaves we are to our pets, right?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

No real tricks, you can put something beside the box to help them hop in or you can cut a hole in the side for them to go in and out

Also you can add hay and herbs to make them dig for The laundry basket is so you can clean it out as they like to pee/poo in there. You can certainly use a cardboard box as well!

Happy digging!

• Moonlight_Wolf
              Participant
              1155 posts Send Private Message
                The laundry basket is so you can clean it out as they like to pee/poo in there.

Yea I figured that out the hard smelly way…

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny Diggy Box