Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Bunny Cookies!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Scarlet_Rose
      Participant
      4293 posts Send Private Message

Here you are Gravehearted  and for anyone else who cares to test them on their bunnies.  I adapted this recipe from a "Bunny Biscuit" recipe on the main HRS web site, so I cannot take all the credit.

Bunny Cookies

1 29 oz can of pure pumpkin (not pie filling, it has spices)
        1 or 2 bananas, mashed whatever size you have (Make sure they  are at perfect ripeness, not beyond or it will cause stomach upset.)
        2 tablespoons honey (I often cut this back to 1 because of the sweetness of the banana)
        1/2 cup quick oats
        7 cups oat flour
        2 jelly roll pans or cookie sheets

Combine, pumpkin, mashed banana, honey and oats, mix well. Slowly add flour cup by cup (you’re looking to make this dough a pizza dough consistency) until ready to roll out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 min or until elastic. Split dough in half. Roll each out to be about 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle bottom of pans with quick oats, then transfer dough to pan and press to adjust to size of pan. Cut into 1 inch squares with a pizza cutter or knife. Repeat for other half of dough. Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown and dry (about 2 hours, maybe longer), but not burnt on the bottom. You’ll want them to be good and dry. It may take longer where you live depending on humidity.
        Of course feel free to half this recipe. : ) Store extras in the freezer and thaw a bunch as needed. This batch makes enough for several months. These cookies should be given sparingly (one per day) as they can be fattening and you don’t want your bunny to have too much. You may want to cut them in smaller squares, bear in mind they shrink after baking. I use oat flour instead of wheat as I think it is a more digestible grain and easier on bunny tummies. I buy my flour and oats from my local health food store as they sell it cheaply in re-packaged plastic bags in the refrigerator section. Some stores sell it in bulk too.

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

How FUN!!! Thanks so much for posting this, I have totally been wondering how to make some bun TREETZ! Juli says thank you in advance

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant

You’re welcome and you must let me know how they like them! My two LOVE them!  I know that in the past others have told me about their own additions of pineapple and apple as well. : ) It’s a great thing for them to munch on for their teeth as well.

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

yum yum – i’ll be making some for my little munchkins! thanks for sharing

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant

You’re absolutley welcome.

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant

Putting this back into the more recent viewing pane for those interested! Gravehearted, did you ever make any? How did it go?

• Hedi
                  Participant
                  969 posts Send Private Message

Wow, that receipe must make an enormous amt of cookies! lol

I used the HRS biscuit receipe as well but I also tweeked it because my buns didnt like the original kind. This is what I did:

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
                    1/2 banana, mashed until really creamy
                    1 tbsp honey
                    1/4 cup ground oats, ground finely in a coffee grinder

They really messy but it makes about a dozen or so small cookies and they are nice and soft.

We wanted to sell in our shelter store but they just dont have a long enough shelf life

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant

LOL yes it does! My two get one each at bed time and a dozen would not last for long in this house. . I store the extras in the freezer. These were also a "mutation" from that recipe as well as my bunnies were not fond of them either, I had heard from one of the ladies at the shelter store they substituted in pumkin and wow my two LOVE them! No, they don’t have a long shelf life, so the store by me kept them in the freezer and posted a sign that they were for sale.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Bunny Cookies!!!