Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny castle, subscription box, and carriers!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittleLionMan
      Participant
      133 posts Send Private Message

I now have two fluffballs under my care, so I’m looking into upping my bunny game. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for:

1) bunny castle — has anyone purchased one of the castles on Etsy (or anywhere else)? the tokihut seems pretty affordable compared to others (unsure of the durability), but looking for any sort of recommendation! It can be castle or hidey house related!

2) bunny subscription box — has anyone purchased one of the US or UK subscription boxes? Which one and is it worth it?

3) carrier — more of a necessity but what carrier do yall  have that fit a bonded pair? I have a chubby lionhead and small harlequin lop (stunted growth from crappy humans) – so kind of dwarfish breeds. I’m unsure of what size to get and there are too many brands out there!

any help is appreciated!!

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

For bunny castle type things, I highly recommend BinkyBunny’s Cottontail Cottage and Mini Haven! From personal experience, my Tokihut is quite durable and my chewer rabbit has nibbled it and is not interested. She was able to splinter a side or two but structurally it is still sound. My Minihaven has been chewed on but the cardboard is robust that it hasn’t needed replacing or anything at all. The ability to choose which openings to pop out also gave me more freedom on where to put it and how to make it so my rabbits would be most interested 🙂

I don’t have any subscription box recommendations, but for a carrier, I would recommend a hard-sided dog carrier with a top-opening. Those tend to work best, in my experience. You want a size that your rabbits can have enough space to turn around and maneuver around each other.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LittleLionMan
            Participant

Ah thank you! I looked at the tokihut and saw reviews, but wanted hear from people first hand. My new girl is a bit crazy and loves to play — she actually enjoys the toys my boy wouldn’t touch (nice to feel appreciated!). I’m thinking she’s a big of a chewer too so it’s good to know durability of both options. I’ll look into them both more! I think where I fall short for the carrier is what size! Is a medium dog carrier too big for two bunnies? Too many options!

• Wick & Fable
              5781 posts Send Private Message

think the carrier I got is 24″ by 15″, which is a good size for my two rabbits – one is 2.5lb and the other is 7lb.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• kanin
              Participant
              139 posts Send Private Message

I recently got a foldable soft crate for my two since Fresno is giant and regular carriers don’t cut it lol. It’s sturdy but still soft, tall enough for them to stretch upwards, it opens from the front and side, and it has like 3 pouches that you can put things in and a slot for an ID card. I could even fit a small litter box in there if I wanted to haha, it has all the works. It’s called the “Amazon Basics Premium Folding Portable Soft Pet Dog Crate.”

• LittleLionMan
                  Participant

Ah thank you! I got a pretty cheap soft sided carrier for my new girl originally. I knew it was a temporary solution, but didn’t anticipate how temporary. In a few weeks she somehow managed to rip it along the seam by the zipper. Only realized it yesterday when I packed her up to leave our bonding area and was wrangling my other bun into his carrier. Looked up to find her running the room because the little stinker found a hole and had happily popped out the other side! I’ll deff look into the Fresno one though 🙂

• DanaNM
                  8935 posts Send Private Message

As for carriers, I use one that is a good size for a large cat for my pairs. You don’t want it to be too big, as it’s safer if they can’t move around too much. I think anything in the cat/small dog category would work for most pairs. The ones with the top opening are really handy for bunnies too.

Something like this would be great:

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LittleLionMan
                      Participant

Perfect thank you! And thank you @Wick! You guys rock 🙂

• Bunstar
                      Participant
                      26 posts Send Private Message

I buy a UK based Happy Bunny Box every fall for my bunnies’ gotcha day and have been extremely satisfied with the effort and creativity gone into them!

• LittleLionMan
                          Participant

Thank you! That box does look great! It is definitely on the higher end in terms of price, especially shipping to the US. Though I probably spend just as much (if not more) on random toys and goods for them! Maybe I’ll give each box a shot and see what my buns think and see what’s worth the $$.

Viewing 4 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny castle, subscription box, and carriers!