Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny biting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deekedo
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

I  bought a nine week old mini satin bunny two weeks ago.  She was fine the first week. I would pick her up and she would cuddle right up to me.  Then for some reason when I would try to pet her or pick her up, she would bite me.   I don’t know what happened and what to do.  Would appreciate any help and suggestions.  

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

Bunnies are not cuddly animals, and they are prey animals and do not like being picked up, they think a predator has grabbed them and is going to kill them. Please do not pick up unless it’s an emergency or you’re going to the vet. And she should have a week or 2 more to settle in before you start being active with her. What is her housing set up as? Will she be getting spayed? There’s a lot of helpful info under the BUNNY INFO tab for first tile bun owners.

• kurottabun
          Participant
          908 posts Send Private Message

Like Bunny House said, the majority of bunnies do not like being cuddled or picked up. There are exceptions, but it’s very rare. Baby bunnies are generally ok with being cuddled or picked up, but as they grow, their instincts grow stronger too and hence they become more cautious. Bunnies only display aggressive behaviours because they are scared – they don’t intentionally want to harm you. They are at the bottom of the food chain in the wild, which is why the whole rabbit species is often afraid of bigger predator-like species like dogs, cats or humans.

Let the bunny settle in to her new home for the first few weeks or even months. Some bunnies take longer to warm up to a new environment. Don’t try to pick her up, just sit in the area she’s in and read a book or something – anything that doesn’t involve touching her. Bunnies are ultimately curious creatures and she will most likely come and sniff you when she’s comfortable enough to be nearer – even then, don’t try to touch her and just let her get used to your presence.

The key is to be patient and take it slow Once she’s used to you being around, you can try to pet her when she comes to you. If she runs away, let her be and don’t chase after her. I too recommend reading the BUNNY INFO section on this site as it provides lots of useful information for first time bunny owners.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny biting