Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunnies that dance on couches

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Gina Won
      Participant
      108 posts Send Private Message

I was wondering… what is it that makes bunnies like to race back-and-forth and spaz out on couches? I first observed this with my own bunny, Floppy, and I also found quite a few videos documenting this behavior on YouTube. What do you think? All I know is that it’s wildly entertaining, I must admit =D

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

Maybe it’s partially about knowing it’s normally people territory? It’s like WEEEEEEE I’m in the people zone!

Pandora is the only one of my buns who couch dances. She has these special running around in crazy circle binkies that she loves to do on the couch too 🙂

• wendyzski
          Participant
          1312 posts Send Private Message

Pepper will hop up on the couch with me, and wander up and down.  She also likes to hop over my head to investigate the shelves behind me, and will sometimes sit on my pillow and groom my hair.  I encourage this with treats because it’s soooooo cute!

Although the other day she was headed for the shelves and either missed or changed her mind, as she landed full on my face!  I was spitting fur for 15 minutes.

• Gina Won
            Participant

That’s ADORABLE! Pepper is such a loving bun =D And Pandora sounds like a very happy and athletic girl! =)

Yeah the fur in the mouth thing is yuck! Whenever I’m grooming my bunny Floppy, all these wispy, downy fur strands fly into the air and inevitably end up in my mouth somehow

• Theresa Moan
              Participant
              249 posts Send Private Message

My buns love to jump up to the couches, especially to try to steal food or sips of a drink!

Mabel loves to snuggle next to me.  Here are a few pix of her on the couch.

The first one is her "pretending to sleep":

This is after I kept patting her so she chills out, all relaxed…But she’ll be up in 2 seconds flat if you don’t continue to pay attention to her!!!
                Waking up and noticing I’ve stopped patting her:
                Sometimes squishing her in with a large pillow helps her stay put:
                But she’ll always get up and try to start digging at the couch.
                So I yell at her, and she’ll do a big binky ON the couch, and run down.
                B/c of her rabbitude, I DON’T have a picture of that.
                (And a minute later she will then jump up a moment later when she thinks I’m not looking)
                Here is Hugo again:  (Please excuse the quality of the pics)
                "What’s on TV?"
                "Nevermind that…I got work to do!"
                Snooping for treasure…
                "I got nothin’!"
                "Lets check out the other end!"
                "Nothing down here either!"
                "What are you hiding from me?? There MUST be something I can steal."
                CHOMP CHOMP…"How did I know I’d find this romaine lettuce here?"  CHOMP CHOMP

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

oooo they’re so cute! esp Snoozy Mabel and Hugo with his romaine 🙂

• Cuddles_Momma
                  Participant
                  59 posts Send Private Message

Awwww! Those are some great pictures!!

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message
                      Posted By ligeia on 10/09/2006 6:51 PM
                      I was wondering… what is it that makes bunnies like to race back-and-forth and spaz out on couches? I first observed this with my own bunny, Floppy, and I also found quite a few videos documenting this behavior on YouTube. What do you think? All I know is that it’s wildly entertaining, I must admit =D

Ya know, I am not sure exactly why.  Jack doesn’t do that, but my two female bunnies do.  Maybe it’s the soft bouncy "flooring" that a cushy couch provides that makes it extra fun.  Sort of like being on a mini trampoline of sorts.

• Gina Won
                      Participant

ooh great pics! i love mabel’s expressions especially =) my bunny floppy will get up the second you stop petting her too but seamus could lay still for hours– he’s quite the snuggle bun. hugo looks like fun!

• Theresa Moan
                        Participant
                          Posted By ligeia on 10/12/2006 7:22 PM
                          ooh great pics! i love mabel’s expressions especially =) my bunny floppy will get up the second you stop petting her too but seamus could lay still for hours– he’s quite the snuggle bun. hugo looks like fun!

Thanks.  Apparently somebunnies just can’t sit still!  Maybe it has to do with age?

Last night my bf and I got a bunch of silly pix of Mabel and Hugo’s mouths open mid-munch.

As I am waiting for the plumber to come by my house, I have nothing better to do then to upload them.

I’ll try to get a few posted on the web soon=:x)

• Anita Stark
                          Participant
                          194 posts Send Private Message

Dh and I have our own couches.  Sable does couch dancing on dh’s because it’s generally clear of all but one or two pillows so there’s lots of room to run back and forth and binky.  We have hardwood floors so the area rugs and the couch are his best places for good traction I guess. 

My couch almost always has any assortment of knitting/crochet projects, pillows, magazines, etc. on it (he knew I was a slob with my craft stuff before he married me) so Sable uses it for snuggles with Mum and exploring.  Here he is trying to see what’s behind my couch…

• Gina Won
                            Participant

Ohmygosh is Sable is growing up perfectly! He reminds me a lot of Seamus!

We have hardwood floor too, and even though Floppy binkies and does all kinds of crazy jumps on the slippery wood, she likes the couch especially… both because of the traction and because I think it looks like a runway to her!

• Theresa Moan
                              Participant

Wow, what beautiful markings Sable has! Do you know his breed?

• Anita Stark
                                Participant
                                194 posts Send Private Message

Sable is a Netherland Dwarf.  He weighs about 2.5lbs.  When we got him we asked what his colouring would be called and the lady said he was  "sable point siamese".  We decided that Sable suited him for a name especially since she was only 99% sure he was a boy and it seemed like a generic enough tag just in case he turned out to be a she.

When we first got him his body looked almost white but when his grown up fur came in it was a lot darker.  At first I was a bit disappointed with the change, but now I think it’s just beautiful.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunnies that dance on couches