Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE bunnies on board!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • lwayne
      Participant
      428 posts Send Private Message

Successful move! Arduina and Leo made it through two 2+hr plane rides today across country.   (I posted a while back about flying or driving, we chose to put them through 1 miserable day rather than 5 days of driving, see earlier topic: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/120943/Default.aspx).  Frontier airlines allows rabbits on their flights and up to two buns can be in one carrier, its $75 extra (per carrier).  I chose to have Arduina and Leo in one carrier since they could comfort each other.  

Here they are at the gate, waiting for the first flight:

They did pretty good! Didn’t like the carrier to be moving (ie me walking with it), but relaxed when it was stationary.  

Soooo.. we haven’t found a place to live yet here.  Tomorrow we go house/apt hunting with a renters agent.  But until we can actually move into a place, we are staying at one of those extended stay hotel/suites that’s pet friendly.  

Here’s Arduina and Leo’s temporary new home:

The room is handicap accessible, so the bathroom is XL.  Also nice is that the trim is tile so no bunny teeth marks .  

All we need now are some bunny toys .  Hopefully we can find a place, move in, and unpack boxes, so they will have an endless supply of cardboard…

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad your buns did well! =] Good luck on finding a nice place to live! I’m sure something nice will come along. =]

• Cristina
          Participant
          127 posts Send Private Message

Aww! So glad they did well on the trip. They look quite content! Hope the house hunt goes well!

• Mimzy
            Participant
            599 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear they did well too. That bathroom seems perfect for a temporary bunny place hehe. Almost makes me want tile trim lol. Good luck on house hunting!

• Monkeybun
              Participant
              10479 posts Send Private Message

Yay! Glad they made it

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

Cute picture!

So glad you made it and decided to fly instead of drive!

• CinnabunMom
                  Participant
                  1190 posts Send Private Message

Glad you guys made it ok!

• FooFoosMommy2
                    Participant
                    342 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad you guys made it okay. Good to know that bunnies do okay on flights and that there is an airline that will fly bunnies. We’ve talked about moving to Cali at some point when I’m done school, but I’ve been wondering how that would work with Foo.

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

Glad all went well. Love the pic of them at the airport. I think if I were to fly with my buns I would be much more stressed than them (and Im not a good flyer). Were you able to open the carrier and comfort them during the flight or did you have to leave them under the seat?

My Mom is a screening officer for our Citys airport and shes seen quite a few bunnies go through.

• RabbitPam
                        11002 posts Send Private Message

That’s great.

Having apartment hunted with a bunny a lot, I want to add that a “No Pets” policy is not usually an option, but a “No Cats or Dogs” landlord can usually be persuaded to put a rabbit into the lease. Or just a normal apartment rental is also fine with them. I never had to pay an extra pet fee on my lease. But I emphasize when explaining that you have bunnies that they are silent (never bother neighbors with barking, which is one complaint) and live in an enclosed habitat (implication that they will not damage property like carpeting, which is another complaint.) Don’t expound on their ability to run from room to room, chew furniture and do tricks. In the long run it’s easier to say you have them but that they are not trouble than to hide them from the landlord who legally can enter your apartment for emergencies and possibly try to get rid of you for breaking the lease rules. (Forgive me if you are experienced and know all of this already.)

• lwayne
                          Participant

Thanks everyone! Hah, going through security was funny.. I needed to take them out of the carrier so they could run it through the machine, so we got a private room.  I think S.O. could have gone in with us, but he didn’t.  I made one of the tsa ladies hold Arduina , while I held Leo and the guy took the carrier for a few minutes.  They had a table, but it was metal and bunnies don’t like slippery!  Arduina and Leo were so scared with all the people and noise, but they did eat their raisins.

The whole trip a bit stressful but we all made it .  I had a water bottle and bowl with me, I got them both to drink a little water, but not much.  I also did spot both of them eating a little hay, and they ate their raisins and cookies.   The puppy pads worked great in the carrier, I think Arduina had peed and I was able to change it out during our layover.  I think both peed by the time we got to the hotel.  Not very many poppies though.  They were definitely thirsty when we got settled in at the hotel.   That was probably the hardest part, getting them to drink.

RabbitPam, yes our renter’s agent has heard all about the bunnies.  We are trying to find a place without carpeting just for them .  It’s difficult to find, with all of our other requirements.

• lwayne
                            Participant

LPT -I was able to pull the carrier out from under the seat and unzip it so they could stick their heads out.  I also did this while we were waiting in the airport.  They liked being able to stand up and look around.  Arduina came up on my lap for a few minutes during the flight, but they mostly wanted to stay in their *safe place*.  

We found a place to live! Not ideal but the best out there.  Good news: Arduina and Leo will have an entire room 15×11. Bad news: its all carpeted.  Please help me figure out how to cover up the carpet! I have a new topic in the habitats section: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/121493/Default.aspx
                              Thanks!! 

• bunnyfriend
                              Participant
                              2368 posts Send Private Message

Hahah that’s funny about the having to take them out and all, at least they didn’t make them go through the machine I wonder if rabbits feel the same pressure changes that humans usually do in airplanes. Congratulations on finding a place!

• lwayne
                                Participant

This is why they don’t do well on carpet.. I let them use the carrier as a hidey house and 2 days later this is what it looks like:

Useless now, a hole right through it and the inside fluffy pad is all torn up too.  

• Deleted User
                                  Participant
                                  22064 posts Send Private Message

O.o The poor carrier! I hope you guys find a way to deal with the carpet!

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE bunnies on board!