Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunnies Moving towel???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • robertherrington
      Participant
      18 posts Send Private Message

So I know you guys had said our female bunnies needed a towel over the wire on the bottom of their cage because they’re prone to sore feet, We’ve had one in there since the first day, and suddenly they have started removing the towel by bunching it up and pushing it aside. I can see that the wires on the bottom of theyre cage go between their toes but what should I do they seem to like it better?

Thanks

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

You know what works better than a towel. I went to dollar tree, do you have a dollar tree around your area? Any ways I got two large carpet squares for 1.00. THey are sturdier than a towel, so the buns can’t feel the wire through them, and they are not easily moves if you cut them to size. If there is no dollar tree go to a carpet store and get scrap pieces of carpet.

• robertherrington
          Participant
          18 posts Send Private Message

good idea actually i think the outlet store by me has carpet samples for a buck each. Thanks

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Actually bunnies like to push and shove a towel as play as well, it’s great exercise for them. My Daff likes an unobstructed floor and I ended up going with carpet and tile. You can cover the wires with cardboard, pine board, coroplast, carpet, plexi glass, plastic grid or tile. I went to my local carpet outlet store and bought a small roll of carpet cheap. Sometimes they also sell their sample pieces as well. Otherwise you can buy a foot or two from your local hardware store as well.

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Its pretty normal for bunnies to bunch up the towel like that, I’m not sure why, but they really like to arrange things! I think it must be some bunny interior decorating. Its good to know that is something that keeps her entertained though, you might want to keep a towel in her cage even when she gets the new flooring so she can play with it and bunch it up and flatten it out, to keep her out of other mischevious bunny things!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunnies Moving towel???