Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunnies fighting

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message

The babies have started fighting again and they seem to be picking on Marley the brown male.

I am finding it hard to find room to separate them, I put him in with mum and Zippy for about 10 minutes while I worked something out and then they started fighting.

I feel sorry for Zippy because he wants to be in with them but when they start fighting with he cowers down and is really frightened, so I know that’s out of the question.

I have now partitioned off the middle of mum and Zippies cage and he has one side and they have the other, it’s small but at least he has two stories.

All seems to be ok for now.

I didn’t realise how hard this is going to be and I am soooo exhausted.

My question is once they are neutered will they be able to all go back together while recouping and then bring mum and Zippy back in?

I would like them all to get back together again once the boys have healed or am I dreaming and it’s going to be really hard?

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I don’t think that anyone can say for certain that you can put them all together again. I think you should honestly expect that this won’t be the case. Certainly it could happen but I would not count on it since they are fighting now. I would be frustrated too.

The last group of babies I helped – the Mom and one of the females got along great but the boys did fight – so I would be cautious of them getting along in a large group like that.

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

I doubt you would be able to put them all right back just because their hormones take about a month to die down. So maaaaybe eventually. There really is no way to know for sure. I’m so sorry, I can only imagine how frustrating it is with these little bossy fuzz buckets!

• osprey
            Participant
            2065 posts Send Private Message

Aw, Lisa_43, I know it is hard when the cute little muffins become growling, biting maniacs.  I’ll echo what the others said, you cannot know now if they will all get along once the are neutered.  They may be fine, they may pair up and have pair wars, there is no way to tell now.  Right now, they see their brothers as rivals, nothing more.  It will be trying for you to work through this, I know.  I wish there was more to say to help 🙁

• Lisa_43
              Participant

I can tell the signs of when they are going to start fighting so I have sprayed them with a bit of water before it gets to that point. I have been reading up on what to do and this was one of them.

When the boys have been neutered I will give them a month and then I will start looking for really good homes, I still won’t be in a hurry but I do think it will be the best for all concerned.

It will be hard but I have to do it.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

🙁 it’s such a bummer when they start fighting like that, I’m glad you were able to come up with a solution to separate them. It’s hard to know if they’re going to get along post neuter, but sending good thoughts your way

• babybunsmum
                  Participant
                  3896 posts Send Private Message

no advice to offer but wanted to give you kudos for all your efforts!  it must be exhausting.  you’re sure a super-bunny-mom for caring for all of those thumpers especially considering they were a surprise.

• Lisa_43
                    Participant

Thanks for all your help and kind words, It keeps me going.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunnies fighting