Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunnies and Bicycles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ChinchillaCarly
    Participant

I was wondering how many of you ride your bicycles with your bunnies?

What carriers do you use?

I’ve been looking at a large backpack style, the regular carrier with a shoulder strap, and even debating the sling to let them nestle in (though I am super hesitant on that thinking it is not secure enough, but if any of you have experience with them, i’d feel more confident in them)

Thanks!

Sirius&Luna
    Participant

A sling sounds exceptionally risky, all it would take would be for a car horn or something to startle him and he could leap out and get run over. Not to mention the risk if you had a minor bump or accident yourself.

Is there a specific reason you need to take him places by bike?

Meg
    Participant

Yeah, I can’t imagine… my bunnies are shy, but I’m pretty sure they’d be terrified (and I’d be terrified of hurting them if I fell).  Why do you need to transport them?  I only take them to the vet but would rent a car or take a taxi for that.

kurottabun
    Participant

Hmm…a bicycle does sound quite unsuitable to transport bunnies in.

I’ve driven a car with my bunny in his hard plastic carrier strapped in the passenger seat, and even then when I make a slightly more angled turn, go over a small bump on the road, or accelerate the car ever so slightly, it seems like Kurotta experiences these 10 times more severely, losing his balance quite easily and sometimes even falling to his side in the carrier and then panic a little trying to get back up on his feet. I was paying extra attention not to drive too fast and make suuuuper slow turns, but even then…it didn’t really seem to work.

Can’t really imagine how it’s like on a bicycle 😮

Q8bunny
    Participant

Honestly, I simply wouldn’t risk it. An adult tricycle would be stable enough to be safe, if a good carrier is well strapped in, but a bicycle is precariously balanced at all times, so there’s no stability or assurance of safety.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.