Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Bun Jovi

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • DanaNM
      8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m having a hard time writing this post, but Bun Jovi crossed the Rainbow Bridge on April 14, at age 14. He had been declining for some time, and things had gotten noticeably worse with his respiratory symptoms. The chance of a traumatic passing were increasing to the point where we decided to have the mobile vet come to help him pass. It was probably the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make. We gave him a salad with his favorites (kale, carrot tops, and as much banana as he wanted) before. He was surrounded by his family, even my cat Toby laid down in the bunny enclosure while it was happening. I thought all of that would make it easier and that I was ready… but it was awful even though I know deep down it was the right thing to do. He had rallied so many times over the last six months, it was hard not to think he would rally again (we’d been calling him “Benjamin Bunton for the last year or two). He was fighting till the end. We buried him and planted a pear tree for him, as he loved taking bites of our pears.

He was just the best. I don’t really know how to describe it but he was just the most amazing little guy. We miss him so much.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful bunny. Bun Jovi was well-loved around here. He made it to 14, Dana. You must have been doing something right.

Binky free Bun Jovi! We will miss you!

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Dear Bun !

I know you were aware his time to go was not far away but I also know that doesn’t make anything easier. It just one of the hardest things about sharing life with our furry companions.

Did you have him from quite young, Dana? One of those pic looks more like a baby, although he had a baby look his whole life. Yet I feel like I’ve only “known” him as an older bun!

He lived a blessed life with you and Tom and his various companions, bunny or feline. I love the idea of the pear tree in his memory ❤️

Binky Free, Bun Jovi !

• DanaNM

Thank you <3

We adopted him when he was 9! But yes he always had the baby look, we could hardly believe his age when we adopted him. We were lucky to have had as many years with him as we did, I often wonder about his life before us. I know he was returned to the shelter THREE times, which I just can’t fathom. I think it often had to do with him outliving his bonded-mate and the owner not knowing how to re-bond? Not really sure though. The little man certainly lived a life!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
              16877 posts Send Private Message

Binky free, Bun Jovi 💔

A very, very special bun, I didnt know you adopted him at age 9. He really does look like a baby in many of the pics, he must’ve been young at heart. 14 is an amazing life span for a bun, I’m glad he got 5 of them with you.

The pear tree is a lovely idea! My Vilde has a pot of dandelions on his resting place. It feels good to be able to “give” him sth he loved even though he’s nolonger present in our dimension.

• BZOO
                Participant
                330 posts Send Private Message

Hugs to you and yours.  Such a handsome boy!

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message
                    Its hard to realize that we went through this on the same weekend just a week ago.
                    Spike was going to suffer if I didn’t make the decision to let the vet euthanize him. She had offered to have a group visit my home as you did, but I decided, while I had him there in my arms, to not risk him passing alone anywhere else (the carrier, in the night) and let him go then. My mother said later that she would have been very upset if he had gone in our house. She’s 94, and we are not allowed in this complex to bury our pets here. The vet let me stay until he was truly gone. She was upset too, since he ‘was not the same little guy he was the previous appointment’ and she was certain it was his time.
                    I was racked with guilt and sobs all weekend. But my mother kept assuring me I had prevented more unnecessary suffering, and all of you let me know he was surrounded by love from the day we met at the rescue 8 years ago.
                    I could not have gotten through the last years without Spike, and all my support from binkybunny.
                    Especially Jennifer and Steve.
                    So let’s imagine that Bun Jovi and Spike have met across the bridge.
                    And I realized that the last thing Spike ate that morning was a nanner – his favorite.
                    Our hearts are broken.
                    Love is always worth it.
                    RabbitPam

• DanaNM

Thank you Pam, and again I’m so so sorry about Spike. I had a hard time posting a lot on your thread because Bun Jovi had also just passed. 🙁 Even when we know it’s the right thing it’s not easy. It was so hard because at moments his “spark” was still there, but his body was clearly shutting down, and many times he was very out of it. I’m grateful he was feeling good enough to enjoy those last nanners and some cheek rubs.

Your mother sounds very wise and your vet sounds very kind.

• GlennTheLionhead
                      Participant
                      361 posts Send Private Message

Im sorry for your loss. What a wonderful soul, who had many joy filled years with you!

Binky free beautiful Bun Jovi <3

• BrownietheBunny
                        Participant
                        15 posts Send Private Message

Take care DanaNM! Bun Jovi was certainly loved, and must have been very thankful about you. Binky free Bun Jovi!

• BunnyLass568
                          Participant
                          446 posts Send Private Message

Sorry that I’m late to this but I am so sorry for your loss 💔 It truly is never easy but you love him and I’m so sure that he loves you too, even over the rainbow bridge. I’m certain that he’s making a lot of friends and is binkying like crazy! I’m also sure he’s watching out for you guys

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

Viewing 8 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Bun Jovi