Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE bumps

• This topic has 10sd replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Hedi.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

my bunny has this strange, grey bump on his skin, is that ok?

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

A few more details, and maybe a photo please?
          Where is it exactly? Is it sensitive to the touch?

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Yes, where is the bump? Rabbits have bumps along/under their jaw that feel like gravel and those are the scent glands. You’ll often see them “cheeking” objects and rubbing the scent off on them much like a cat does.

• Deleted User
            Participant

well, i can’t get photos on the compu and it’s a little sensitive.It’s rough and grey in color. It appeared over night and i didn’t know what to do. The bunp is by his spine and it’s really squishy(uughhh)

• rabbitsmba
              Participant
              475 posts Send Private Message

I think a visit to the vet is in order…..

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

it’s very hard for us to be able to help you or offer advice with so little to go on. regardless, i think you should call your vet since it is sensitive and it has appeared so quickly. hopefully the doctor can take a look at it today so you don’t have to wait all weekend.

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh dear, I do think a vet visit may be necessary. It could be a lot of things.

• Deleted User
                    Participant

i’m tight on cash so i don’t know if i can visit the vet

• Deleted User
                      Participant

And I don’t have a veterinarian

• Deleted User
                        Participant

And I don’t have a veterinarian

• Hedi
                          Participant
                          969 posts Send Private Message

A “new” bump near the spinal cord does not sound good at all. If it is sensitive then it is hurting your bun. I think I would get that bun to a vet ASAP! If you dont have a vet you can check with the House Rabbit Society who keeps a list of rabbit savvy vets available online.

http://www.rabbit.org/vets/vets.html

Vets in CA are separated by areas so check this webpage for a vet near you.

With rabbits you never know what you can end up in vet bills so a great suggestion is to keep a small bank fund or credit card for vet bills only. Some illnesses in a bun can cost thousands so if you have money issues this is a great suggestion and could mean the difference between life and death for your bun.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE bumps