Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bump on skin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • MMmm
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

I probably posted two posts since I think the previous one didn’t have a title. If so, sorry about it and please delete the other one.

This Sunday I adopted a 5 month girl for my 5 month old boy. Bonding process has been well so far. The girl is very shy which is understandable. After a day she finally let me pet her a bit last night. And I noticed a small bump on her back. It is on the skin. It felt dry almost like a dry pimple. I even felt the urge to pick it but of course did not. I am planning on getting her vaccinated but my vet is very booked so it won’t happen soon. Do you think it is something urgent? 

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Since it doesn’t look red or very inflamed, I think this falls under the “keep an eye on it” category, rather than an urgent problem. If you notice it starts to grow or change in some other way, then have the vet take a look.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• MMmm
            Participant

Thank you. Have them booked for 11/12. .

• Wick & Fable
            5771 posts Send Private Message

Just chiming in to say I agree — “Keep a lookout” stage at the moment. I would also be mindful if you find similar marks any where else. It may just be a previous “hay poke” or environmental boo-boo that is recovering… hay is unforgiving sometimes, haha.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• MMmm
                Participant

Good to have assurance. By the way the new girl is an orange Dutch and has white nails on front paws but black toe nails. My previous bun was a dark chocolate dwarf and even her nails were not as dark. Is it normal?

• Wick & Fable
                  5771 posts Send Private Message

Rabbits can definitely have a variety of nail colors, even if it doesn’t seem too matching to the fur! My majority-black Wick has a paw that has some white and some black nails.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Bump on skin