Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Brownie Thread

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Author
    • Rain
      Participant
      547 posts Send Private Message

I think we really need this thread, so I’m making it. Guys….it’s a thread on BROWNIESSSS!!!! (Bladesmith is entirely responsible for this) What kind of brownies do you like? What brownies are to die for? Anything brownies. 

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

Brownies  I love brownies and ‘blondies’ which is just a white chocolate version. I’m vegan now though so I’m missing out … does anyone have any vegan brownie recipes?!

• Sirius&Luna
          Participant
          2319 posts Send Private Message

I loveeee brownies.

This is my favourite ever brownie recipe, and they are so gooey and rich and amazing, and also super easy to make. If I don’t have walnuts in I just leave the nuts out, it doesn’t really change anything, although I think they get a bit gooier. I think it’s so good cos it’s basically all butter and sugar

It’s a Nigella Lawson recipe, but it’s not free on her website, but someone else has put it online:
            http://gillianskitchen.com/nigella-lawson-chocolate-brownies/

• Sirius&Luna
            Participant

I made a vegetarian recipe thread a while ago Sarah, and I’m sure there were some vegan cakes on there….

Yepp, Dana recommended Chocolate Covered Katie as a vegan cake blog

There’s also a good chocolate & raspberry vegan cake in the first post, that I’ve made successfully a couple of times. 

https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/163578/Default.aspx

• sarahthegemini
              Participant
              5584 posts Send Private Message

Thanks Sirius! Mmm cake 

• Rain
                Participant

Blondies!!! I’ve never tried those. They look like chocolate chip cookies in brownie form, right? I can’t bake anything unless it’s cookies with the frozen dough. I always have to buy brownies from a bakery or something. I mess them up all the time and they always end up as either brownie cookie things or a really fluffy cake.
                  Has anyone tried Mississippi Mud brownies with marshmallow creme instead of marshmallows? I can’t eat gelatin. They look so delicious!!!!
                  I love walnut brownies. I like the chocolate chip ones too but they make the brownie too chocolatey if that makes sense.
                  All those recipes look sooooo goooood!!!!

• LBJ10
                  16870 posts Send Private Message

For a brownie mix, Ghirideli is hands down the best! SOOOOOO chocolatey!

• Wick & Fable
                    5771 posts Send Private Message

I think brownie texture acceptance can help reflect on someone’s personality. I’m pretty particular. Sometimes I like soft brownies and other times I want really crispy brownies. Nonetheless, the smell. Is. Amazing.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Rain
                      Participant

I KNOOOOWWW the smell is one of the reasons I love them so much! And I think that’s very true about the texture thing. I myself like them soft and chewy, not cakelike, but more fudgelike.
                        LBJ I have eaten so much of their chocolate and I love it! I’m a Ghiradelli fanatic!!! Hotchocolate, chocolate squares, bark, etc. But I have yet to try their brownies!!! That is a must have!!! See I knew I made this thread for a reason!!! All these new brownie things.

• LBJ10

Rain – They are actually way better than anything I could make from scratch. LOL The supreme mix comes with syrup. I like that one because the brownies are a little fudge-y and a little cake-y. If they start to dry out after a few days, they are still good. It’s weird.

Oh and brownies CANNOT have frosting. That just ruins it. I hate to break it to my coworker. I made some Ghiradelli brownies for him and then he commented about how they didn’t have frosting. Dude, they don’t NEED frosting. They are that good!

• LongEaredLions
                          Participant
                          4482 posts Send Private Message

Ghiradelli brownies are to die for. LOL. My veganism was going pretty well, LBJ….now I have to go buy some of those? Dang it.

• LBJ10

Sorry LEL… =\ It doesn’t help that I can buy a box for $2 at Target either.

I’m not sure what the ingredients are in all of the different flavors. Maybe there is one where the mix itself is OK and you can just substitute the egg?

• Bladesmith
                              Participant
                              849 posts Send Private Message

peanut butter brownies…..droool

• Deleted User
                                Participant
                                22064 posts Send Private Message

Slutty brownies are my absolute favorite! Fudgy brownies, oreos, cookie dough (made with pb cups instead of chocolate chips), and you’ve got the best brownies ever!

• joea64
                                  Participant
                                  1423 posts Send Private Message

I’m strictly classic when it comes to brownies, chocolate/chocolate fudge.

• Bladesmith
                                    Participant

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 2/20/2018 9:05 AM

Slutty brownies are my absolute favorite! Fudgy brownies, oreos, cookie dough (made with pb cups instead of chocolate chips), and you’ve got the best brownies ever!

I think my diabeetus just got diabeetus. 

• Deleted User
                                      Participant

LMAO Bladesmith! They are so sweet, so I only make them for special occasions. I’m actually planning on making them for an upcoming baby shower. oooo the marbled cheesecake brownies are also super delicious.

• pinknfwuffy
                                        Participant
                                        660 posts Send Private Message

Mmmm. Brownies. I’ll eat pretty much any brownie you offer me (because I’m a trash panda) but you’re right, the Ghirardelli box mixes are so goood. I love the dark chocolate variety. My favorite brownie texture is slightly fudgy with really chewy edges.

• Rain
                                          Participant

And here I was planning eating schedules to save myself from getting diabetes. I eat like eighty grams of sugar a day! This is going to add to it!!! Who cares, it’s brownies!!!
                                            @Bladesmith LOL!!!
                                            I’ve always wanted to do this:
                                            When I’m really really old, like after a hundred years old, I’m going to start eating nothing but chocolate stuff. I’d have fulfilled my life by then anyways, right? Ha!!! No need to worry about dieting and diabetes at that point. I always tell myself that I’m sacrificing all my veggies and salads for the rabbits in the world.
                                            @pinknfwuffy Now I REALLY need to see what these Ghiradelli mixes are about!

• DanaNM
                                            8901 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Sirius&Luna on 2/19/2018 10:57 AM

I loveeee brownies.

This is my favourite ever brownie recipe, and they are so gooey and rich and amazing, and also super easy to make. If I don’t have walnuts in I just leave the nuts out, it doesn’t really change anything, although I think they get a bit gooier. I think it’s so good cos it’s basically all butter and sugar

It’s a Nigella Lawson recipe, but it’s not free on her website, but someone else has put it online:
                                              http://gillianskitchen.com/nigella-lawson-chocolate-brownies/

This recipe is my absolute favorite!!! We even had them at my wedding instead of cake! I had some lovely friends and family each make a batch! Even with variable ingredients, ovens, and bakers, they all turned out amazingly. 

For the vegans out there, I have made them with coconut oil instead of butter, and “flax eggs” instead of egg. They are different but still amazingly delicious. They tend to be really fudgey, so I usually chill them when I make them vegan! 

mmmmmmmmmmm….. drool. 

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Rain
                                              Participant

Oh God. Those look like heaven. My mouth is watering. What can I subsitute for the vanilla extract? My religion doesn’t allow that ingredient because it has something in it. Is there something else you could put instead of it?

• Sirius&Luna
                                                Participant

@Rain, I don’t actually think the vanilla extract is that important, but maybe you could substitute some maple syrup instead for a bit of extra sweetness? I think they’d still be delicious if you just left it out Vanilla essence also exists, which is like an artificial vanilla, so I don’t know if that would be ok?

@Dana, that sounds like the best wedding cake ever! So sweet to have loads of people make a batch how lovely

• Bladesmith
                                                  Participant

I’m not looking, I’m not looking……I’m not….I looked.

• Bam
                                                    16838 posts Send Private Message

Goodness. The vegan thread made me addicted to Chocolate covered Katie, so I shouldn’t go near this thread.
                                                      I substitute vanilla extract with vanilla sugar, vanilla extract is difficult to find here. Vanilla sugar as a rule has artificial vanilla flavor in it, but you can make the real thing yourself from a vanilla bean and granulated sugar.

• Deleted User
                                                      Participant

You could use vanilla stevia drops instead or an actual vanilla bean. Just cut the bean in half and scrape out the “caviar”. it’ll be intense and so good.

• Sirius&Luna
                                                        Participant

Guys, I think I’m gonna have to make brownies this evening. I can’t cope with this any more.

• Rain
                                                          Participant

Oooooh okay! That sounds awesome guys. As soon as I’m better again ( I got flu AGAIN) I’m heading out to a grocery store and buying all these stuff. Brownies for days!!!! I usually get Duncan Hines but I think their brownies are too fluffy and more cake like than actually brownie like. I’m not a fan of them. Also, I tried this one dessert that’s also really good, and it’s kind of like a brownie. Its called a Texas sheet cake. Does anyone know any good recipes for that?

• Deleted User
                                                            Participant

S&L, same girl. same.

I agree with you Rain, I’d much prefer a denser more chocolate-y and fudgy brownie to a cake like one. If I want cake I’ll eat cake!\

Also: you can add anything to brownies. pb chips, caramel chips, chocolate chips, white chocolate, pb swirl, cream cheese swirl. If you’re over 21 in the States, a little splash of Kaluha, Irish cream, or coffee brandy and you’ve got an amazing complex brownie. brownies are just so  versatile. I’m gonna say they’re the world’s greatest dessert, because when you pair it with ice cream you can’t go wrong. 

PS… I really love to bake. I will bake anyone anything at anytime. 

• Rain
                                                              Participant

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/2011/04/texas-sheet-cake-brownies/ I found this and it looks SOOOOOO good.
                                                                The link you send led to a black page with a check mark on it, lol.

http://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/mississippi-mud-brownies/ this is what I was talking about earlier.

http://www.countrysidecravings.com/homemade-chewy-brownies/ these look good toooooooooo. Oh goodness so many cravings right now. What have I done.

• Deleted User
                                                                Participant

lol, it edited itself as I pressed reply. so weird. But I re-edited my response and came up with good mix ins.

oh! you could even make molten brownies by adding caramel or chocolate sauce to the center.

I’ll stop now.

• DanaNM

I know the CCK blog has already been mentioned, but she has a red-velvet brownie recipe that uses beets and oats, and it is really really good!

Much healthier than the nigella ones, but still delicious. They somehow manage to be fudgey but not quite as heavy as the Nigella recipe. The beets make them really moist (kinda like carrot cake or zucchini bread!).

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/05/09/red-velvet-brownies/

I tend to make CCK recipes when I’m making something to eat at home (where my husband and I will be eating all of it), and then make full fat full sugar recipes like Nigella’s when I’m taking them to a party and I will only be eating a couple…. I know myself well enough to know that if there is a pan of brownies sitting there, I will eat little bites of them constantly until they are gone, so best to make a CCK recipe if that’s how it’s gonna be!

And Bladesmith, CCK has lots of sugar free recipes that either use stevia or dates as sweeteners! Most recipes have options for what sweetener to use. You should check her out

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• DanaNM

Posted By LBJ10 on 2/19/2018 6:04 PM

For a brownie mix, Ghirideli is hands down the best! SOOOOOO chocolatey!

Yaaasss! Definitely the best box mix!

In high school my swim coach would give us “brownie points” for attendance and for working hard in practice. At the end of each week those with the most points would get actual brownies (to eat after practice of course). They were soooo good and our coach told us they were her secret recipe. Turns out they were the Ghirideli mix! They still never quite taste as good as they did right after swim practice though. 

• Heaven
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      256 posts Send Private Message

I was deliberately avoiding this thread for so long and finally caved D:

@A&B kahlua in brownies?! Amazing idea. Haha goodbye wasteline.

& @Dana I’m going to try those red velvet CCK ones for sure!

• Rain
                                                                        Participant

You can’t avoid brownies. Nobody can stay away from brownies!

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                          Participant

My brownies have just come out the oven!

• Deleted User
                                                                            Participant

post a photo!

• DanaNM
                                                                              Moderator

Image result for homer drooling

• LongEaredLions
                                                                                Participant

DanaNM, you’re saving my life with vegan brownies suggestions…or making me significantly less healthy…take your pick.

• Bam
                                                                                  Moderator

The vegan thread made me bake CCK brownies and blondies 5 days a week for a month. I bought a food processor on Black Friday just to make perfect black bean brownies. And I really got them perfect after a few tweaks here and there. CCK is a very dangerous woman.

• DanaNM
                                                                                    Moderator

Posted By bam on 2/22/2018 3:26 PM

The vegan thread made me bake CCK brownies and blondies 5 days a week for a month. I bought a food processor on Black Friday just to make perfect black bean brownies. And I really got them perfect after a few tweaks here and there. CCK is a very dangerous woman.

This is AMAZING 

• DanaNM
                                                                                      Moderator

Posted By LongEaredLions on 2/22/2018 2:49 PM

DanaNM, you’re saving my life with vegan brownies suggestions…or making me significantly less healthy…take your pick.

• Rain
                                                                                        Participant

A&B she can’t post a photo of them. She probably already ate them all because they were too delicious.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                          Moderator
                                                                                          22338 posts Send Private Message

I’ve edited some posts to make the links clickable. Because I believe links to anything chocolate should be accessible ASAP!  

So if you’re wondering why your post has been edited, that’s why. 

Tip: Delete the “s” from https in links and it will be clickable on here. 

ETA:  Dana, I wasn’t expecting those CCK brownies to be purple! My nephew once made choc cake with beetroot in it and it looked like regular chocolate cake. But lovely and moist. 

• LongEaredLions
                                                                                            Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 2/22/2018 10:54 PM

I’ve edited some posts to make the links clickable. Because I believe links to anything chocolate should be accessible ASAP!  

So if you’re wondering why your post has been edited, that’s why. 

Tip: Delete the “s” from https in links and it will be clickable on here. 

Alternatively, I’ve found the use of forum emojis doesn’t allow links to be clickable. Not sure why that is.

• DanaNM
                                                                                              Moderator

Brownies seem to be the answer to all of life’s woes.

Bonding not going as smoothly as you hoped? Brownies.

Husband in Alaska for work? Brownies.

Got a bunch of beets from your CSA veggie box? Brownies.

• DanaNM
                                                                                                Moderator

ETA:  Dana, I wasn’t expecting those CCK brownies to be purple! My nephew once made choc cake with beetroot in it and it looked like regular chocolate cake. But lovely and moist. 

With all this talk of them I couldn’t resist making them! Plus I had a bunch of beets I needed to use…. 

They are a bit more colorful in person, but not quite as vibrant as the photos in the recipe! 

• Rain
                                                                                                  Participant

Ahhhhh purple brownies!!!! Even better!!! I love purple. Those look really good. Do they still taste as good as chocolate though?

• DanaNM
                                                                                                    Moderator

Posted By Rain on 2/24/2018 5:58 PM

Ahhhhh purple brownies!!!! Even better!!! I love purple. Those look really good. Do they still taste as good as chocolate though?

Oh, they still have lots of chocolate! Not quite as chocolaty as some, but there’s a good amount of cocoa powder and chocolate chips in them. I imagine you could pump up the cocoa more and reduce the oats…. They are definitely a lot less sweet though, which is what I like about them. They are so healthy I’ve actually been eating them for breakfast with peanut butter on them (the ingredients are: oats, black beans, coconut oil, coconut milk, beet root, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, choc chips)! And I don’t feel like garbage afterward! 

• Rain
                                                                                                      Participant

Woah that is way more healthier!!! And actually sounds more delicious too! I’ve never eaten a beet, so I can’t wait to find out.
                                                                                                        For the Ghiradelli box mix, do you guys pour the whole box into one batch of brownies or half it?

• LBJ10
                                                                                                        Moderator

What good are brownies if you’re not in a coma afterward? :p

• Rain
                                                                                                          Participant

Exactly. That’s why we love sugar.
                                                                                                            I couldn’t take it anymore, and made a batch of brownies. And they were STILL cakelike. REALLY cakelike. I don’t know what I did wrong. It said on the box for thicker brownies add two eggs, so I did because I wanted fudgier brownies. Unless it means thicker as in more cakey. Oops.

• Bam
                                                                                                            Moderator

Bladesmith, I have to second what Dana said about CCK’s recipies: The black bean brownies works surprisingly well with a sweetener instead of honey. I have a relative that has type 1 diabetes, so I experimented quite a bit for last Christmas. To bring down the amount of sweetener I added 1/2 cooked sweet potato to the recipy (and upped the cocoa-powder some, cut back a little bit on the oats – taste the batter as you go along). I know sweet potatos have sugars, but it seems to elevate blood sugar less than normal sugar would – at least with “my” diabetic. Instead of choc chips I used chopped up very dark chocolate (70-86% cacao). (Can’t get very dark choc chips here).

To me, the brownies with or without real sugar are a health hazard because I happen to eat so many of them. But because they have beans in them, they should almost count as dinner. (Please agree, people.)

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                                                              Participant

Them being more cakey probably means you’re cooking them too long Rain – the less you cook the gooier they are.

And yes Bam, brownies made of beans and sweet potato are definitely an acceptable dinner!

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                                22338 posts Send Private Message

Because of this thread, I ate brownies for breakfast last week. And not the healthy kind either. So yes, the bean ones can definitely count as dinner!

I was going to suggest same as S&L, Rain. It may be they’re baking too long or your oven is hot or “fast”. Is it fan-forced? For oven with a fan, you’ll want to reduce the temperature by 20C. So if baking temp is normally 180C or around 350F, reduce to 160C or 320F.

• Rain
                                                                                                                  Participant

Ooooooh. That makes sense. I’ll definitely try that next time. Ooh looked a grocery store trip… time to go buy more brownies.

Viewing 54 reply threads
                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Brownie Thread