Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bringing outside bunnies inside

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • kittsbuns
      Participant
      196 posts Send Private Message

A lady at work has outside bunnies she want me to take I don’t know much on outside bunnies. They are older and have always lived outside . will It make them sick to move them inside to a warm house? I don’t think they have been outside their cages the lady found out that I have my bunnies running free and she wants that for her bunnies. Their to older females not spayed. Any idea’s guys?

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

Gosh, that’s a big ask. Especially as you already have your own. If she want’s this for her rabbits, why wouldn’t she try bring them in herself? Is it a no-go with other family members?

If you do take them, I don’t see how having them indoors could possibly be detrimental to their health. My main concerns would be them around the other bunnies and also if they chewed things they were unfamiliar with. Plus they are likely to be easily frightened. I would advise you still pen them in a quiet area and slowly, slowly get them used to the new environment and interaction with you, other people, other buns, pets etc.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

wow, how wonderful of you to take in outdoor bunnies!
            i don’t really have advice for you, but i wish you luck!

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

bringing them in from outside is no different than bringing any other new animal into your home. my main concern would be your cuurent buns and their reaction to the newcomers. do you have a separate area where they can have runspace? also, the fact they are not spayed may cause some further issues with your existing bunnies. do you have plans to spay them?

i’m also curious, why doesn’t she bring them inside her own home?

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

The noises of tv radio cooking clanging may make them anxious til they get used to it.  Yes start them out slow a quiet area preferably if you have space somewhere for it.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

Ok I’m confused, she wants you to take her rabbits or she wants you to help her bring them inside her house?

I’ll ditto beka, no diff then bringing home any new animal. Except they’ll be freaking ecstatic to be free from jail and spoiled. Ecstatic.

Wonderful of you to rescue those buns!!

• GHbun
                  Participant
                  158 posts Send Private Message

I couldn’t tell from your message the number and genders involved. Is the the entire group bonded to one another or were they caged seperately? It could be a huge job to bond them to one another and to your own. Also, be sure they are healthly and free of pests before introducing to your buns. Will this be a permanent arrangement or does she want to to take them for just the winter? (An acquaintance of mine whose bun is warehoused in a cold garage recently asked me to take him for the winter and give him back in the spring. I wonder if it would be okay to just steal him and leave the cage door open so they think he escaped?)

If you are able to do this, I’d like pictures of the happiest buns on the planet. (They should be happy until they figure out how things work and then turn into disapproving slaveowners!)

• Beka27
                    Participant

very good questions Tamera… i’ll revise my original statement… be aware of any pests, check the fur thoroughly for buggies or dry flaky skin!

i assumed from your description that they were two females, unspayed, but living together…

• kittsbuns
                      Participant
                      196 posts Send Private Message

The lady will have them spayed and checked my her vet and will supply food for them. They were her childerns and out grow them she just want s them to be taken care of. They were caged separtedly. They will be far away from mine and in cages until they are litter trained and bonded.

• Beka27
                        Participant

oh well that’s good at least! that’s a big undertaking, two new buns and having to bond them… esp. two females, they are usually more of a challenge to bond. good for you for taking in those buns!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bringing outside bunnies inside