Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bringing Bunny to Work

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • Alicia Conklin
      Participant
      721 posts Send Private Message

Ok that title might be a BIT misleading lol since I work at home.  But, I’m going to start working upstairs and the bunny’s primary residence is downstairs. 

Which do you think Tucker would deal best with?  Being around my husband and kids during the day while I work..she’s not too fond of the kids..too loud or coming upstairs with me in a ex-pen to play while I work?  She doesn’t like being picked up so I figured I’d put her in her carrier, bring her upstairs, set up the pen and then let her out in there.  Then when I went back downstairs at the end of the night I’d put her back in the carrier and bring her downstairs with me back to her pen.

My only concern would be if the switching back and forth would disturb her.  Do you think she’d get used to it or would it be like constantly changing her surroundings on her?

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
        Participant
        2517 posts Send Private Message

I’m sure your work is not nearly as distracting as your kids would be! I think she’d be fine up in a pen with you.

• Alicia Conklin
          Participant

LOL no she loves my work..I analyze phone calls for customer service (I’m that person who listens when you hear the recording saying “this call might be recorded for quality assurance purposes…”) but anyway..she loves when I work because I put the call on speaker phone and so it’s a lot of talking..I was more worried about moving her up and down every day and I didn’t know if she’d get used to the schedule or if she’s constantly feel out of place or something..

• skunklionshow
            Participant
            1257 posts Send Private Message

I’m thinking that lil Tuck might like going to work w/ you.  He/she (do we know it’s sex?) would probably like to hear the voices in a less chaotic surrounding….Tucker  will deal just fine (I hope)!

• Alicia Conklin
              Participant

We’re pretty certain girl

I think I’ll try it.  I don’t work again til Sunday so this weekend before that I’ll go out and buy another box of NIC grids.  Then I can block off the areas that I don’t want her in and then instead of a pen she could just have the whole room to run around in   It won’t be that big of a space since I’m working in our bedroom now and we have a huge bed that takes up alot of the room but there will still be some space to run around in and the bathroom and everything.

• osprey
                Participant
                2065 posts Send Private Message

Bunnies are creatures of habit, so once she gets used to the routine, she’ll grow to look forward to it.  I went to a presentation by a very good rabbit vet a few months ago (Dr. Carolynn Harvey for those that know her), and she thinks that a change of environment is good for bunnies, as it forces them to expand their horizons a little and stimulate their natural curiosity.  As she put it, our spoiled house bunnies are more than content to lie about waiting for you to put the pellet bowl under their noses, you need to add a little safe stress to their lives to prevent boredom.

• Alicia Conklin
                  Participant

Ooh ok good to know The only downside is now when we do get a second bun that area won’t be neutral lol..I guess we’ll be going the bath tub route when it comes time for that!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Oh gosh, I bet she’ll love coming to work with you-and feel priveledged that it’s her and the kids don’t get to go! LOL

• RabbitPam
                      11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m wondering if she’d adjust to being picked up twice a day if she got rewarded with a treat. Like give her a raisin, pick her up, then have a raisin waiting for her when you set her down. She might get trained to associate your picking her up with treats and being upstairs, which it sounds like she’d like.

• BabyBunnyOpal=)
                        Participant
                        48 posts Send Private Message

Omg your bun is so cute .. i dont know what my bunny would do without his cuddles lol x

• Alicia Conklin
                          Participant

I just wanted to update

Tucker’s come upstairs with me a few times for work and so far she’s doing really well She jumps right in the carrier when I put it in her pen..it’s as if she knows she gets to go on an adventure upstairs   We bring up one of her hay baskets and we leave a litter box up here and then I bring one of her stuffies and she has two big ones up here that she likes too.  She adjusts really well to it each time and just makes herself at home.  I think she missed when I was working downstairs because she loves to lay down at my feet while I work on the computer

So far she only has a small part of the room she can go in because I block off under the bed with as much as I can but there is a spot on the other half that’s still open so I gate that half of the room off entirely.  I am planning on going out and buying another package of NIC cubes tomorrow though so I hope to make a low gate that goes all the way around the bed and that way she can go on the bed if she wants to and there will only be the one section blocked off due to my computer cords   I love being able to have Tucker with me while I work again though..I think every office should allow bunnies! Think of the stress relief for the employees!!! LOL I guess I’m just lucky that I work at home!

• Beka27
                            Participant
                            16016 posts Send Private Message

wow! that sounds great! it really is an awesome bonding time with her too, even if you’re not actively paying attention to her, it’s great that she can be near you. what’s the possiblity of (after her spay and some bunny-proofing!) her being allowed upstairs on a regular basis?

and that job sounds kinda cool. you must hear some of the weirdest stuff!

• Alicia Conklin
                              Participant

Well unfortunately she has to be sectioned off for any kind of free time because of the dogs.  I don’t trust the dogs around her at all.  Especially not the big one.  But, she’s allowed to go where they aren’t.   So if they are upstairs I let her have run of most of the downstairs.  Right now she is also limited because of carpet eating.  The living room is already destroyed in some areas but we had to replace that anyway because the kids did a number on it with stains..but upstairs is still in good shape so I don’t want her eating that!!  So, we’ll see if that calms down after she’s spayed. 

I did make my own “fence” to guard under the bed with my pillows though lol and so I opened it up and let her use her carrier as a step to get onto the bed.  She LOVES it.  She’s been doing bed binkies and flops all morning now.  Currently she’s washing herself up there.  And the corner of the bed is close to my chair so every once in a while she comes over for some nose rubs  

It is quite an interesting job although I never trust customer service people anymore because I know there is some idiots in every company and I hear alllll too many of them give the wrong info to our customers!! grrr

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant
                                12067 posts Send Private Message

Awww I wish I worked from home!! Although…I might do way too much napping

• kimberleyanddarren
                                  Participant
                                  2520 posts Send Private Message

i wish i worked from home too! i think tucker would much rather the little ride upstairs than being in his pen with kids running round hehe, i suggest taking him up with you and once he gets used to it he will expect you to take him! and i love how you are already such a bunny slave u are thinking of getting number 2 hehe

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bringing Bunny to Work