Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bright Starts Lots of Links

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • sharper
      Participant
      150 posts Send Private Message

I went to walmart in search of a plastic slinky to see if the girls like to play with them.  Let me tell you, the toy dept doesn’t have anything like a slinky.  I couldn’t find one.  So I went into the baby dept to try to find some plastic keys for them.  I found some, but they were big, bulky and had strange characters on them.  I couldn’t see them fitting them in their mouths, but I found this package of Bright Starts Lots of Links (24 pack) for 3.96.  They are the links that you click together to hang toys off of for mobiles, or you can make a full circle out of them.  They are thin enough for rabbits to pick up, and are the same hard plastic as baby key rings.  And when you link a few of them together, you can shake one end and they make a plastic rattle noise from the links hitting each other.  Here’s a photo of them I found

So if your rabbits are into plastic toys like this and slinky’s, they’ll love them.    What’s also great about them is you can link them to hang from the ceiling of the cage.  Or there are tons of them to split up if you have more than one cage.

I just got home and gave a few linked up to Hailey who’s in the play area.  I shook it and she came running up to it to check it out.  I guess she really liked the sound.  She’s smelled it and put one of them in her mouth, but hopped off to do other things.  Either she needs more time to check it out or she doesn’t like plastic toys.  This is her first time with a plastic toy, so maybe she’ll come around.

So my test is a dud so far, but your rabbits might like them.  It’s cheap and definitely worth a try!

OH….and I got these from walmart for 3.49.  I keep looking on the internet and they are selling really expensive for other sites…weird!  So I recommend checking out walmart first in the baby teething ring area.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Those are cute!! How many did you get for that price?

• sharper
          Participant

it comes in a pack of 24 for $3.49

It took my rabbits a little while, but now both rabbits are playing with them. Bailey is chewing on them and moving them around on the floor in the play area. Hailey has them hanging from her ceiling in her cage and dangling down, and she is rocking them back and forth and clanking them against the cage wall. So I think they like them! yay!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

*runs to Walmart*

I pay a dollar for three at the dollar store-that’s an awesome price (if my math is correct lol)!!

• mrmac
              Participant
              2156 posts Send Private Message

I have got to try these! I think my bunnies would love them! Well I know where I’m going this weekend!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

Oh yes! Those are great! I work at a baby store and everytime I see those on the shelf, I think “AWESOME bunny toy”! My store sells the 24 pack for 5 bucks (so they’re about 20 cents apiece). K&K, your math is correct… at $3.50, they are about 15 cents each.

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message

FYI: If you still want a slinky, I found two kinds at Target. There was a plain metal boxed one that is the traditional one, and another with a slightly different name that was a rainbow colored plastic. It was too long, so when it twisted I just cut it into two slinkies. She’s only had the plastic one, but liked it. Each was under $4.

• LilynJestersMama
                    Participant
                    258 posts Send Private Message

I got these for my Lily and Jester buns. He hasn’t paid too much attention to them. Lily on the other hand, loves the dangling stuff in her cage and she swings them back and forth and catches them in her mouth (I hooked several together). Thanks for the great idea

• sharper
                      Participant

Posted By rabbitpam on 03/05/2009 04:05 PM
                        FYI: If you still want a slinky, I found two kinds at Target. There was a plain metal boxed one that is the traditional one, and another with a slightly different name that was a rainbow colored plastic. It was too long, so when it twisted I just cut it into two slinkies. She’s only had the plastic one, but liked it. Each was under $4.

Thanks!  I’ll definitely check Target next time!

• Sarita
                        Participant
                        18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh, that looks like fun – I have a few rabbits that like toys like this – going to check it out – thanks for the recommendation.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bright Starts Lots of Links