Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Boys vs. Girls

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Minty
      Participant
      338 posts Send Private Message

Is it true that bonding multiple males with a single female will cause the males to compete and eventually fight? (Of course I am talking about altered rabbits.) I have been trying to find info about this and haven’t had much luck. I am thinking that most of the male hormones would be gone after a neuter so it wouldn’t be an issue? However, I read somewhere on a website that multiple males will fight over a female even if they are altered. not sure how reliable this site is though. Any thoughts?

• mrmac
        Participant
        2156 posts Send Private Message

I have two males and one female and they do not fight over her at all. The hormones are gone which is huge! I just got my third male and will be trying for a quartet with one female only.

• Karla
          Participant
          1624 posts Send Private Message

Jack and Karl never fought over Molly….LOL, I hope not the website is right, because then Molly should really be offended by these two guys!

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

I’ve really never heard that, but I’m sure even with altered rabbits, anything is possible. It’s all going to depend on the individual rabbits and their relationships, and maybe the order in which the group was introduced. General wisdom says that more issues arise when the number of females increases. I think it would be much more likely for two females to fight over the affections of one male, rather than the other way around.

• Elrohwen
              Participant
              7318 posts Send Private Message

I’ve never heard that. In fact, I think you’re far more likely to have fights when you have two females and one male, because females are generally the most territorial. I think the best trio combo is two males and a female.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Boys vs. Girls