Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Boston won’t come out to play

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

EVeryday when I get home, if I know I will be home for at least an hour, I open up Boston’s cage to let her run around in her play area. I’m student so my schedule is erratic and I want Boston to play as much as possible while I am home. It seems like she spends like 80% of the time in her cage still. She will come out with some prodding and bribing and she’s hard to get to go back in after she’s been out. So is it strange that she doesn’t seem to want to come out on her own? Even after she’s been cooped up all night and most of the day?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Well not totally strange, but most bunnies like to come out.

Try putting things out that will interest her and offer her somewhere to hide…Like a chair with a blanket hanging off of it, a cat condo or a tunnel, some of her toys, her litter box, maybe a bowl of greens?

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

what time are you inviting her out?  if it’s during her naptime in the late afternoon, that may be the reason she’s not interested in playing.  rabbits are most active early morning and late evening up to about midnight.  a lot of having bunnies is realizing that you need to work your schedule around their needs rather than try to fit them in when you can. 

another thing you might try is saying a word when it’s play time.  i repeat “out” a few times in the mornings when i open up Meadow’s pen.  when she hears out she is standing next to the door waiting.

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

Boston has tons of toys, so I think the problem is when I’m inviting her out. Funny thing though, I decided to try giving her her greens tonight out of her cage. She was already out, so I figured I’d let her get used to eating them out. I gave her 4 big chunks of romaine, and the first thing she did was grab one and fun lightning fast back to her ‘safety’ spot (litter box) in her cage! Talk about the opposite effect!!!! After eating the first piece though, she jumped back out and has been eating the rest all over her playpen. I think she’s enjoying eating, then playing, eating, then playing!

Thanks for the input guys!

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

i think it can just take some adjustment time too. I agree with Beka – my bunnies have no interest in coming out during the day. They’d rather snooze and relax. But at night they’re all racing around and happy.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

that would be an adorable video!!! racing with romaine!!! lol! i’m glad she enjoyed herself. i would continue to try different things and see what she responds to. you just got her not long ago right? you’ll be together for a long time yet to come. and i’m sure you’ll figure everything out.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Boston won’t come out to play