Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS Boston, MA – Fostering a teen bun in need of a home!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • bastion
      Participant
      16 posts Send Private Message

PLEASE NOTE: Io and her siblings are from a RESCUE LITTER and were not intentionally bred.

Looking for either a forever home or another foster!

A few of you have heard this story now a couple times: back at the end of November, my partner and I were visiting my friend in Maine, who told us they had been seeing a large domestic rabbit around their house recently. We managed to find and get her inside – and only two days later, she had a litter of eight kits!!!

I am VERY happy to say that both mom and all the kids are doing great today. Mom and most of the babies have found homes – only little Io is left to be adopted!

I am currently fostering four baby rabbits in my home, as a relief from my friend who successfully brought everyone to this point, but as they mature and get larger, we are beginning to run out of space for comfortable and feasible habitability and so I’m rather desperately seeking an adopter OR another foster.

A little bit about Io herself:

She is a highly intelligent, very friendly little bunny who knows exactly what she wants. She surprises me by being both vocal about her demands (alfalfa pellets, mostly) and at the same time fairly gentle in interacting with me. She is dexterous, athletic, and would do super well with a home who can stimulate her active mind! Mom is quite a large rabbit, so we believe she – and her siblings – will be, too.

Some tidbits:

• We are fairly sure that she is female, but she was sexed (by a rabbit-savvy vet) quite early, so it’s possible she’s actually male. Unless she is adopted before 2/24, I am bringing in all of the babies to be checked out and re-sexed on that date. Her behavior suggests she is female, but it’s hard to say with 100% certainty at this point.
        • She is 10.5 weeks old as of this posting, which means she will need to be spayed at 4-5 months old.
        • She is also going to need to continue to be fed a baby-friendly diet (alfalfa hay and alfalfa pellets) until around the same time. Right now she’s getting 80% Timothy hay, 20% alfalfa hay – both unlimited – and 1/4 cup alfalfa pellets each day (plus some hand-fed pellets in between). She has been introduced to some greens and has taken well to them, although I’m being very cautious with that – green introductions need to happen slowly.

Please get in touch, ask questions, and/or feel free to spread the word!!!

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for helping out with this bunny!

Have you been in touch with the House Rabbit Network? https://www.rabbitnetwork.org/

They are a MA based rescue that has fosters all over the New England. They may be able to help provide a foster or assist in some other ways (especially if you volunteer to continue being a foster parent while they help get her adopted formally).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• bastion
          Participant
          16 posts Send Private Message

Hi Dana!

I have indeed been. I am waiting to hear back from them now. 🙂 I’ve also been in touch with every rescue I can find the contact info for across CT, MA, and NH including the House Rabbit Connection. Hope to hear from someone soon!

• Wick & Fable
            5771 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for thoughtfully caring for the rabbits you have opened your home and heart to! BinkyBunny forums rule 3-C states:

• Rehoming Rabbits:  Our forum cannot be used as a resource to rehome your bunny. The Rescue section is meant for Rescues and Shelters, and Fosters from a Rescue/Shelter only.  However, you can ask about how to deal with some of the challenges that are making you consider rehoming. Our main goal will be to find solutions so you can keep your bunny.  If you are an individual who may be in a situation where you are not sure what you should do with a challenging situation – moving, new baby, busy schedule,  etc, we can help you find solutions in the Q & A Forum.
              Therefore, I will lock this topic. You are welcome to create topics in our other forum sections to brainstorm measures until you are able to have a rehoming situation arranged. See here for resources on rehoming: https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Rehoming_your_rabbit

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The topic ‘Boston, MA – Fostering a teen bun in need of a home!’ is closed to new replies.

Forum RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS Boston, MA – Fostering a teen bun in need of a home!