Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bored bunny. HELP

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • NalaBunny
      Participant
      34 posts Send Private Message

My bunny, Nala, seems to always be bored. I have a large 6’ by 8’ cage. I have several hide houses, lots of toys, and even a dig box. Even with all this she just sits in a corner and digs the entire day. Do you think I should get nic grids and try to add a more structured design or something else. I would really appreciate some help on this, I just want my bun to be happy.

• Susanne
        Participant
        417 posts Send Private Message

I got mine a friend, which did help but still seem bored part of the day since they aren’t the most playful with each other. When I had one, I found he didn’t like traditional toys. If I removed some of the stuff in his area, he liked it better because his favorite thing was/is zoomies and tunnels and he had more room. He just likes to jump on things, explore, and zoom. A little digging but mostly only when I used to have carpet. They’ll both sometimes chew paper shreds in a dig box or re-arrange them.  They sometimes chew the wood planks along the baseboards or pieces of wood I put out. My female also is on a constant mission to destroy and is more into chewing up cardboard boxes and such. Oh they both love eating the hay out of the toilet paper tube. It seems moving stuff around and changing things out in the room gets them exploring for quite a while. I’ve only had the 2 bunnies so yours may not like the same things.

• NalaBunny
          Participant

Okay I’ll try some different things. My rabbit isn’t to much of a chewer so I only have a few chew toys for her but I think she might love tunnels. I will definitely try some different things with her to try and keep her occupied. I have been trying to convince my family to let me get a buddy for my rabbit. Do you have any tips on trying to convince them?

• Susanne
            Participant

Good luck with trying tunnels and other things! There are lots of DIY ideas online and YouTube.

That’s a tough one, the reason I got 2 was because after reading so much about how they are happier in pairs (when I got mine I had no idea how social they were), I felt determined to make it happen. If you’re living with parents they’d really need to be on board in my opinion, because you have to go through bonding and would need the help and support (and other neutral spaces in the house). So, as much as you can tell them about the benefits (if they can handle the work of the bonding process) would be best.  Rabbits will spend most of the day with other bunny so you know they are less bored (and I don’t feel guilty if I’m gone a big part of the day), they are super cute cuddling each other ;), not much more expensive if you can start buying in bulk. There are higher vet bills though so there is a financial consideration. For me, it was most beneficial to use a specific rabbit rescue even though it was an hour and half away. They let you swap if one rabbit doesn’t work (or take it back without a swap), they already have the bun fixed and are more knowledgeable. So that was how I convinced myself at least.

• NalaBunny
              Participant

Ya, I have wanted another bunny to put with Nala for a long time now. She seems to only like other animals and isn’t the biggest fan of humans. I think I will be able to change their minds so hopefully that will help.  I will definitely try to find some DIYs to keep my bun busy.

• Susanne
                Participant

Awesome, good luck!

• Willow
                  Participant
                  39 posts Send Private Message

My bunny is also very bored throughout the day and he does have toys and hideouts but he doesn’t play with them. I have tried out organic palm leaf bowls and my bunny loves those even though he isn’t much of a chewer so yeah I totally recommend organic palm leaf bowls😉. Btw you can get these off Amazon!

• DanaNM
                    8930 posts Send Private Message

I second palm plates!

Also my buns love the willow bowls and wreaths from the BB store. They are really fresh and fragrant so they get devoured so fast relative to any willow toy I’ve bought at a mainstream pet store.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bored bunny. HELP