Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bored bunnies

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cinnimon&Ollie
      Participant
      300 posts Send Private Message

I am looking for toys for my two bunnies but I don’t know what to get. What do your bunnies like?

• Rae
        Participant
        44 posts Send Private Message

I think it depends a lot on what type of toy your bunnies enjoy, but generally anything for chewing is a hit in my house!

Our girl is much more into the toys leaning towards edible territory: little hay or willow rings, willow balls, etc.

And our guy is honestly pretty picky but for some reason loves these little cupcakes Oxbow makes, as well as anything with tassles on the end. He loves stuff with some pizazz.

I’ve seen some super great stuff on Etsy for homemade toys and even awesome deals on baskets filled with testers to see what is a favorite and what isn’t. And of course the mazes on our own site BinkyBunny!

And on the more frugal end: toilet paper tubes and phone books seem to be a go-to amoungst the community as well.

Lastly, I adore Oxbow. I have always been beyond satisfied with their stuff from their enrichment line. (:

• Cinnimon&Ollie
            Participant
            300 posts Send Private Message

Thanks, I am going to be getting a basket and Timothy oxbow toys. Hopefully I won’t have any bored bunnies.

• Smitty
            Participant
            5 posts Send Private Message

I’d definitely recommend bamboo sticks! My rabbit goes wild on them and chews through a pack in a month or so.

• Cinnamon Bun
              Participant
              205 posts Send Private Message

Some of Binkie’s favorites are loofas, applesticks, and palm and willow toys! I got her a whole forage basket full of them and she loved it. I bought them off a seller called WinnieGuineaPoo. In their range they have cute little cupcakes, willow chews, treat pots and so much more. They were off Amazon but I’m sure they’re on Etsy too. Here’s what I bought her! ♥

WINNIGUINEAPOO Rabbit Toys Chinchillas Guinea Pigs Bountiful Basket of  Chews Hamster Bird Toys: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies

• DanaNM
                8930 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies’ staple favorites are: organic palm plates plus the willow baskets and seagrass mats from the BB store. They also love love love the fresh willow wreaths from the BB store when they are in stock. (Basically any of the willow stuff from the BB store has been a winner with mine, relative to willow stuff from other sources). They also LOVE the fruity balsa blocks, but they eat them very fast for how expensive they are, so I usually get those as a special treat. The kudzu vine stuff has also been pretty popular. A kind of controversial toy (some people say it’s “junk”), is the snak shak log (sold at major pet retailers in general). It’s kind of an edible particle board, but it’s super hard so they only eat a tiny amount of it. It’s really saved my furniture and baseboards from Cooper!

They also love paper towel tubes stuffed with hay, and baby stacking cups with pellets hidden in them. 🙂  If you live near a thrift store you can also often find plain wicker baskets that are cheap and fun for the buns, just be sure they aren’t treated or painted (you can tell pretty easily in my experience).

If you have a source of fresh bamboo or palm fronds near you, those are also a big hit with mine!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bored bunnies