Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING bonding? what’s bonding?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • angelicvampyre
      Participant
      754 posts Send Private Message

Ok I come home and am greeted by my two un bonded rabbits sleeping in a heap in the middle of the rabbit room *insert panic* seems my sister came home and let bugs out, felt sorry for Anya and let her out and well that was that.  neither are showing any agression, Anya has been grooming Bugz and vice versa, and there has been no sign of humping (least my sister thought about how she should be in the room with them and did not leave them alone)

So my question is should i worry?  Bugz is about 6month + but under a year and was de sexed about 2 weeks ago.  Anya is about 7 – 9 weeks old we think and is unaltered.  I am not planning on leaving them out together but should I worry or do you think we are safe?  I could not deal with baby bunnies at the moment!

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

Your probably safe. Anya that bit to young and Bugz past 2 week zone – though 4 weeks would be safer. Plus there was no sighting humping!  How did they behave?  It’s just good they didn’t fight but fighting is not always an expected thing. When one bunny is really young they can do ok together too and they must have been aware of one anothers presence beforehand.   Pity you missed seeing their first introduction.  So after you absolutely in the clear with Bugz post neuter time, do you think you might bond them?

• angelicvampyre
          Participant
          754 posts Send Private Message

thanks for that. Yeah i hope they bond and stay bonded as I want them to live in the same cage and have the same out of the cage time (in a bunny proof room so it would be nice. At the moment Anya lives on Level 3 of the condo with bugz on the two levels below so they know each others sent which I think helped. I was a bit miffed to miss the first introduction but looks like they went well. Seeing the vet on Saturday for their booster shots so will ask her what she thinks about when they can go together full time and then i will spend 48 hours in the same room with them in open cages to make sure there are no issues

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING bonding? what’s bonding?