Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bonding with my bunnies

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • twentyonetyjos
      Participant
      20 posts Send Private Message

So I finally adopted my bunnies! I brought them home two weeks ago, and right now their names are Agatha and Tedros (From a book series, but I might be changing them soon though because they don’t really fit their personalities) they are a brother and sister bonded pair, and are both all black so its really hard to tell them apart lol! But neither of them seem to like me, like at all. Does anyone have any tips on getting my bunnies to like me? They seem completely uninterested in me. Thanks to anyone with ideas

• lovebunny
        Participant
        35 posts Send Private Message

I gave my bunny a small amount of oats in the morning and pet her wail she was eating them. Now she will hop up to me and put her head down like she is asking me to pet her. Also, I would sit on the floor in a quiet room with her and let her do her own thing wail I did my school work. Eventually she would come up to me to check me out. Now she all but gets in my lap. I only pick her up when its time for grooming. I coax her back to her pen rather that chasing her or I’ll just wait till she goes in and shut the door if I have the time. Establishing trust is the first step to get your bun to love you. Even though you love them from the start they need time to get to know you. Some buns take longer than others. You can’t really rush the process but they will come around.

• Wick & Fable
          5782 posts Send Private Message

A bonded pair have each other to love and groom, so it’s not surprising that they may be a bit dismissive at first. Letting them just be exposed to your general presence is helpful, so sitting on the floor with them for long periods of time, not interacting with them during… also, hand-feeding food is recommended as well, so you’re associated with it!

Out of curiosity, how old are they and are they spayed/neutered?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Asriel and Bombur
            Participant
            1104 posts Send Private Message

You said in a post two weeks ago they were both female and both spayed at 3 months old. Which is it? Because females can’t be spayed at 3 months old. Males can, and if he was only recently neutered, he can still produce semen for up to a month and possibly impregnate her. If she’s also 3 months old, she likely isn’t spayed because females can’t be spayed until 6 months when they are properly developed. You were also told by me and another member that at 3 months old they need to be separated for their protection because they aren’t bonded, even if they wanted them adopted out together. 

• twentyonetyjos
              Participant

I’m so sorry I forgot to update that post! Since having another cage wasn’t an option I went to a different shelter and found these bunnies, they are 8 months old and fixed

• twentyonetyjos
                Participant

I’ll try that thank you! They are about 8 months old and both fixed

• twentyonetyjos
                  Participant

I’ll try that thank you! They are about 8 months old and both fixed

• twentyonetyjos
                    Participant

I’ll try that, thank you so much!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bonding with my bunnies