Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding with Lucy?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • MissPinUp
      Participant
      151 posts Send Private Message

A girlfriend of mine has a little boy Jersey Wooly and for whatever reason cannot take care of him anymore.  He’s fairly tiny, tinier than Lucy.  He’s a “smokey pearl” color, very laid back bunny.  I’d love to take him on, but I’m a little cautious.  Lucy has been alone except for the cat for over a year.  She’s not aggressive per se, but definitely will box if she’s displeased.  She’s never bitten, just more bark than anything.  She’s very used to having her own space, and I’m afraid that I waited a little too long to introduce another bun!  Any tips?  I read how to bond bunnies under bunny info, but I unfortunately don’t have the luxury of doing a few 15 minute intervals.  I’d have to bring him home and bond them here.  Any advice?  She said he’s got a really calm personality, so I’m thinking it may not be a HUGE issue, but I’m still concerned and won’t take him if I know it’ll upset Lucy.  Thoughts?

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

First question, is he neutered? If not, can she neuter him prior to you bringing him to your house?

There is no guarantee that two bunnies will bond, so if you do take him, you have to be prepared for long term separation: separate playtimes, separate spaces in the house, etc. Loss of litterbox habits with one or both is also a possibility.

You can definitely give it a try, and chances are they will be able to bond eventually, but you have to be committed b/c of that small chance they will not.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I believe you when you say Lucy is laid-back and I am sure the Jersey Wolly is a sweet bunny boy too… but the thing is when it comes to rabbit introductions you cannot know how they will be with each other based on their personalities with people. Of course, they can bond, but you definitely will have to put in time and work to make it happen. They may not be sweet with each other or laid-back in the beginning. Your female will defend her territory to him so it is more helpful to look for what space you have available that is neutral than to look at their persoonalities with people.

I adopted a sweet bunny not long ago myself who is bonded with mine now. He is such a people bunny: sweet, outgoing, friendly, never bites….but he was shark during the bonding with the other rabbits. He would not back down from fights and he even attacked my dogs in the beginning.

• MissPinUp
            Participant
            151 posts Send Private Message

As much as I’d like another one, I decided to go against it, but another girlfriend of mine took him! So success either way! I was going to do it as a favor, but with the divorce and whatnot I’m working 9-6 or 7 every day, every other saturday 9-1. I have an hour lunch I come home for to play with the animals and feed them, but I just don’t think I could devote the time. I tried to help, but he got adopted out anyway so it’s a success!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

Good!  I’m glad he found a home!!!

Lucy is still a young bun, you can always decide later when the time is better.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding with Lucy?