Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding the Boys

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Briana C.
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

Sooo, I thought I had a boy girl couple, and that Greyson was just a little rabbit pervert. BUT now I know they are both boys. Today they got a chance to chill out together. Greyson (dominant) always wants to mount J. (jenna was the old name but its girly so i will just use J for now) So, This is the first time i watched them as a boy, boy situation.I noticed that J is rather nervous around Greyson. Greyson JUst wants to mount,mount, mount. Greyson will also groom J. J wont hardly stand still for any of it, This time Greyson was only able to mount once, J used to ALWAYS submit immediatly. But now J will run away, he looks like hes in fear, but then all of the sudden he BINKIES!? Greyson tries to follow J but J is really fast and VERY spazzy. Just thought I make a side note: Greyson is a dwarf breed and I have no idea what J is but he is big, and still growing.. Any how J has basically stopped letting greyson mount him. J has not made any dominant moves, Greyson CHOOSES to groom J and J readily accepts until he gets antsy and greyson gets ready to mount. Greyson has grabbed on to J’s fur before while mounting, but he dosnt do it all of the time. J hardly aknowledges Greyson except for an occasional sniff then J dashes away. Does anyone speak rabbit? Can you please translate their behavior? Thanks!

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes bunnies will binky as an deterrent move.  Their wild cousins will do this in during fighting and also mating.  It might be even a way to show off and/or impress. Like “Look what I can do”, I am tough!

But I have caught Vivian doing binkies when she is with Jack (when he is not in pursuit) and she’ll run over to him and then run away and do a binky. It’s almost if she’s playing.

It does sound like J has had enough a mounting, and his binkies might be a freindly invite of play or it could be a display of strength.  When one rabbit has said enough, you do have to watch carefully because this is where aggression can escalate if the mounting doesn’t stop soon.  The hair pulling while mounting is just a way for the mounter to hold on.

I hope things continue to progress well.  Keep us updated.

• KatnipCrzy
          Participant
          2981 posts Send Private Message

Until you neuter both of them you should not allow them time together- it only takes a split second for wounds requiring a vet visit to occur.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

I agree. In addition to the risk of injury, any behaviors you see now are going to be really, really hard to accurately interpret b/c everything is so clouded up with hormones. How soon will you be able to neuter them?

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

OH! (hitting hand on head) I didn’t put it together that these two weren’t neutered. Gack! Well, I have to agree with the other forum leaders. This is a sketchy situation and it would be much better to do this after they have both been neutered. .

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

I agree that the risk of injury is very high for two un-neutered males. They could get into a pretty serious fight, and I think that risk would be greatly reduced once they are both neutered. After the neutering I would wait at least a couple weeks until they are completely healed before attempting bonding, or else they could really hurt each other.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding the Boys