Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Bonding Tater Tot?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

I know I shouldn’t but I’m looking for another bunny to potentially bond Tater Tot with. My local rescue is doing everything remote now so I can’t take him in for playdates. I won’t be adopting immediately as I still am hardcore missing Joey. But I thought to start looking a month or so from now. Should I aim for a bunny his size? I know size generally doesn’t matter but I noticed with him the closer something is to his size (aka my smallest cat and my dad’s dog) the easier it is for him to warm up to them. This new bunny will already be spayed/neutered as I’m not looking for a baby this time around. Should I do it? I thought about doing trial runs to see if there are any instant connections. Feel free to be honest.

• BZOO
        Participant
        330 posts Send Private Message

If you can find a buddy Tater Tot likes, then go for it.

Getting a buddy for our bun, Walter, isn’t an option, and it bums me out.

TT should let you know when you’ve found the right one.

• Sonn
            Participant

I’ve had more than one bun that couldn’t be bonded. They wanted all of the attention.

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Does the rescue offer Foster-to-adopt? That might be a safe way to go, so you can try out a bun at home and if it isn’t a great match, you can swap out for another bun?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sonn
                Participant

I didn’t think of that. This is a new shelter so I’ll ask them. The rescue I usually adopt from has temporarily shut down for renovations. I’ve had a few foster fails lol. It would be great to give a bun a place to land even if temporarily and if Tater likes them they can stay.

• DanaNM

@Sonn that was exactly my thinking when I fostered after we lost Bertha. I wasn’t ready to adopt at that time, but thought Bun Jovi would at least like to have a neighbor and we could give some buns a nice place to stay whatever the case.

We didn’t end up keeping the pair we fostered, but I think their stay with us helped them get adopted because we were able to see how they were in an actual home (vs. the shelter environment).

Now of course we have adopted 3 buns over the course of the year since she passed away… Bertha was such an amazing bunny that apparently the only way to fill the void was with THREE rabbits. ha!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sonn
                    Participant

I think my landlord would actually kick me out if I adopted 3! She barely tolerates the thought of 2. Lol.

I’ve found that adopting or fostering helps me grieve easier knowing I am giving an animal a safe place to be whether permanently or while in transition.

• prince dorian the bun
                    Participant
                    743 posts Send Private Message

My shelter does remote, but for buns they will let the foster and potential adoptee meet, or I should say let the rabbits meet. You could try asking. That said I am personally finding it a lot trickier, but I love the foster-to-adopt idea. I think you should do it if you feel up for it and I am sure Tater Tot would love a new friend. Or at least if you can have him meet another bun you can get a better gage of if he does. Good luck!

And not to derail thread, but @BZOO why no buds for Walter? Health or personality issues?

• Sonn
                        Participant

I am emailing them right now. I don’t know much about how this rescue works with fosters and potential adopters. I do know that the house tour etc. is done via skype.

• BZOO
                        Participant

Hubby doesn’t want another.  If bonding were a simple matter, like the G.Pigs, I could probably convince him.

But, it’s more complicated and it didn’t work, there is no space left for another set up.

• LBJ10
                          16908 posts Send Private Message

Aww, I think it would be good for Tater Tot to have a friend. I like the foster-to-adopt option, if possible.

• Sonn
                              Participant

He’s pretty laid back with other bunnies. I think it wouldn’t have taken long for him and Joey to bond. He’s more of a do whatever you want as long as I get treats kind of bun.

• Sonn
                              Participant

I was approved to foster and adopt so I go May 23rd to meet all the bunnies!

• LBJ10

That’s great Sonn!

• Susanne
                                  Participant
                                  419 posts Send Private Message

Yay!!! Can’t wait to hear about the new bun!

• BZOO
                                    Participant

Awesome, can’t wait to meet them!

Convinced Hubby to go for a sister for Walter.  She’s in a dog crate for now, so hopefully the bonding goes quickly.

• DanaNM

That’s great Sonn! So exciting!

• Sonn
                                        Participant

I am excited! The date has possibly been moved to the 15th if I have the day off work. I wasn’t planning to do this now but I also wasn’t expecting to get approved that quickly. Lol. I am so excited for Tater! He’s been following my cats around so I know he is ready to have a new potential buddy. Even if this bunny isn’t the one at least he’ll have someone to look at. 😂

• DanaNM

Awww so exciting!

• Sonn
                                              Participant

Tomorrow is the day!!! I will be attending a huge adoption event. I have 5 bunnies picked out to meet but if those don’t click a ton of others will be there. The 5 I picked out I think would be the best fit for Tater. There’s one that I really REALLY want and she’s been at the rescue for a while but I have to see if she’s as calm as they claim first. And this rescue gives their bunnies such cool names! Like Huapi! And Bismarck! I’m quite excited. Bunnies are being thrown away like trash right now in my town and I’m hoping when I bring one home that will open up a slot for another needy bun. I will be overloading the forum with pictures tomorrow!

• DanaNM

So exciting!!! Can’t wait to see pics 🙂

• LBJ10

I wanna see!

• Sonn
                                                  Participant

It has been postponed until the 22nd. I had a family emergency and couldn’t go this morning 😭

• LBJ10

😥

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Bonding Tater Tot?