Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING bonding rabbits in non-neutral territory

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • fluffyandmoose
      Participant
      13 posts Send Private Message

hi, so I have been bonding my 3 rabbits for a few months now and they have gotten to the point where they can live with each other without supervision in a “neutral” territory. they groom each other, eat together, flop beside each other, etc. but now i am not sure what to do next or how to transition them back to their actual area as when i have tried, they started fighting. thank u in advanced <3

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Hmmm, so how long have they been spending in neutral territory?

Some pairs need a slower transition, and a period of supervision again.

Is there a way you can build a temporary “semi-neutral” territory? Such as a pen set up in the room they use for exercise, but not their main cage/pen?

Also, whenever I move buns to their final home, I clean the area SUPER well (use 10% vinegar to wipe down all surfaces, baking soda and vacuum the carpets), I rearrange all their “stuff” and the layout of the pen so it looks like a different place, and I add only new toys, hides, and litter boxes (or the litter boxes they were using in the other bonding areas).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• fluffyandmoose
          Participant
          13 posts Send Private Message

ahh i see. i think i will try giving their space a “makeover.” after that i think i’ll just keep an eye on them and hopefully they will get along. thank u for your help 🙂 i’ll follow up if it goes well!

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Good luck!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING bonding rabbits in non-neutral territory