Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding QQ and Panpan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • PanQQ
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone,

I have my female rabbit QQ for 3 years and half now, she is spayed. She lives in my office and free to run in the daytime, so she becomes very territorial about the office area, everyone come in the office ,she will try to bite them but she is very nice with me, lip my hand a lot. 

Last december, i adopted the second rabbit Panpan, he was neutered about one month, SPCA got him from the street, so didn’t know what’s his age, but he is an adult.  

so during the Xmas and newyear time i give them all afternoon live side by side in the hallway with a fence between them, at first QQ was quite aggressive, she always wants to bite Panpan near the fence. after a few days she was calm down. and everyday, i was switch them in different cage. 

Last week i started to move the second cage to my office, i think they could see each other every moment, but QQ seems very unhappy about PANPAN in the office, everytime, panpan near the cage, she just wants to bite him. 

• PanQQ
        Participant

I started to introduce them slowly also. i tried in the bath, but they just always sit in the other side of the area, sometime it lasts hours, without any interaction. but as soon as panpan near QQ, they start to fight and bite each other.

I have tried stress bonding 2 times, the first time it went quite well, they snug each other after, and QQ starts to gloom Panpan, but panpan just too scared to move. 

SO one day i read on internet, rabbit should bond in small area, so i put them in a small cube with my waterspay,as sooon as QQ wans to bite i will spay them, so they stayed there for hours just no interaction, i feel they don’t like it, and for 3 days nothing happen,sometimes QQ wants to bite panpan, but she saw my waterbottle and stop, i could feel she was accept panpan, she just tolerate panpan exis in the same little area

so i put them in a shower place, they just play and gloom themselves or nap in each cornor, no interaction too. 

The peace break i put their litter box in the shower, panpan start to clam two of the litter box, QQ was not happy, and bite him, so they start to fight, after i tried again the stress bonding and little pan, i could just feel QQ really angry about panpan, and don’t want to near him at all. i am so sad, i felt like every progress they made was turn back. 

Yesterday, i decided to slow down the introduction, and move them to living room, side by side. QQ seems calm down a little bit. at first she will nip panpan near the fence, but today, they all good live just like that, even thought panpan put his nose near the fence, QQ will not bite him. 

I don’t know should i restart to introduce them slowly or just wait a couple days more.

• PanQQ
          Participant

i put them in the bath for 30 mins , no interaction. i think maybe i should just keep doing this,until they have interaction by themselves?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding QQ and Panpan