Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding Nova and Eclipse (and Hubble)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • KytKattin
      Participant
      1195 posts Send Private Message

Days 1-5 in brief:

Day 1

I set up Eclipse in her old cage next to Nova and Hubble’s cage. Nova was instantly curious and stared at Eclipse for the next few hours. Eclipse stared back sometimes. No territorial marking to speak of. No visible aggression. Very visible interest in eachother. Hubble has yet to notice new arrival.

Day 2

I let Nova out when I was cleaning her cage and she hopped into the space between the two cages. Eclipse didn’t like this and I became worried she would try to bite Nova through the bars. Both did manage to sniff eachother a little. Nova seemed calm and wanted to go visit Hubble, while Eclipse became kind of defensive. I took Eclipse out of my room and let Nova go into Eclipse’s cage. Nova did some very minor chin rubs on the door. I put them both away. They both stared at eachother for the next couple of hours. Still no territorial poops or spraying. Hubble is still unaware of any changes.

Day 3

I found a bigger cage for Eclipse and transfered her into that. With a bigger litter box she has improved where she puts her poop. Nova started staring at her again because of the new cage. Eclipse did some loud thumps with her back feet. Her back was turned to Nova. I am not sure if she was upset with Nova or upset with the new cage. After 5-7 thumps she stops. I let Eclipse out, but keep her away from Nova’s cage as the NIC cubes have wide bars. Nova doesn’t seem to notice or care that Eclipse is out. Hubble doesn’t notice anything.

Day 4

NOVA DID A BUNNY FLOP!!! She has never done this before, but Eclipse does. Did Nova learn this from her? Obviously Nova is relaxed and comfortable. They seem to be ignoring eachother at this point. Hubble is currently ignoring the world.

Day 5

Nothing new so far, but I still haven’t worked up the courage to let them meet without a cage between them. Wait, make that two cages. Should I let them meet more with just one cage separating them and hope that they don’t get bit? I’m super nervous about moving forward.

• mrmac
        Participant
        2156 posts Send Private Message

When I started my trio I started with all three and it didnt progress very noticably. I switched to focusing on the new bun and one from the pair. Who is the more dominant one? I did only that new/single from pair for a while, doing small sessions on the side between the new one and the other single. No aggression shown?

• KytKattin
          Participant
          1195 posts Send Private Message

I really am just focused on bonding Nova and Eclipse. The reason I got Hubble was to bond him to Nova. Since he has health problems that keep them from living together I got Eclipse to bond with Nova. I would love if Eclipse got along with Hubble while they played on the lawn, but it is not my main focus. So far only mild aggression has been shown between the girls. A little lunging at each other through the bars.

Day 7

Switched them into eachother’s cages. Nova peed in Eclipses litterbox. Eclipse started chewing Nova’s toys. Nothing much after that except they both keep looking at me. I think they’re angry at me for switching them. Oh well, they can deal! I’ll leave them like that until dinner time and switch them back.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding Nova and Eclipse (and Hubble)