Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding my three

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • angelicvampyre
      Participant
      754 posts Send Private Message

Ok so it has been about 2 weeks since Rufus was neutered.  I thought I would take the second barrier down around the cages so that when they are out they can go up to each others cages and sniff etc… not really to move onto full on session yet and thought this would be a good start.

well this backfired.  Rufus went to check out the front of Anya and Bugz cage and Anya came down to the bottom level and there was sniffing and such going on.  Then Bugz came down and all hell broke lose.  Bugz began agressively chasing Anya away the front of the cage and at one stage bit her.  I grabbed her out of the cage to make sure she was ok, he just took off a tuff of fur.  Then Bugz now no longer having to deal with Anya was lunging at the wire front of his cage and thumping.  I was suprised, he is normally so laid back.

So i switched around, Rufus in his cage and Bugz and Anya out.  Bugz again chased Anya so she got cuddles with me instead and Bugz peed ALL OVER the front of Rufus’ cage so Rufus then started peeing everywhere. 

I then locked Bugz up and put Anya down and she went to check out Rufus and he was trying to groom her through the cage bars.  So I look both of them into the Bathtub and there was grooming and loving and friendship and finally a nap….

So here I was worried about Anya the only female and instead i have to deal with insane Bugz the agressive male!

Going to talk to the vet tonight but thinking I might try bonding sessions with just Bugz and Rufus and hopefully if I can bond them then I will add Anya into the mix maybe????  I had it all planned out and now nothing is going to plan!

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

two weeks is still early after the neuter but you know that. Starting next week, I would have some dates between two at a time. Don’t be too alarmed about dominant behaviors such as marking up their territory. It is in neutral space that you will see the true dynamics good luck!

• angelicvampyre
          Participant

Thanks Petzy i know two weeks was two early but I figured one less barrier for me to climb over to get to the computer so thought a bit closer would not hurt them. They already have all forgotten how to use their litter trays anyway as everyone is pooping everywhere so i have given up with that anyway!

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

little buggers! oh well…. these poowars do end after some time… but it would be nice if they just skipped this part

• angelicvampyre
              Participant

Tell me about it. I clean the guys condo twice a day at the moment. Rufus us not that bad the odd peeing over the edge of his cage so I have put mats down and barriers up so that he does not hit the wall. Figure i will give them another week to take us to the 4 week mark and then we will try Anya and Rufus and put Bugz in Rufus condo while I am doing that so he can check out the smells etc…

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding my three