Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding behaviour are they bonded or just close?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • PEPPA GEORGIE
      Participant
      268 posts Send Private Message

What is the difference between a bonded pair of bunnies and ones that are just friends or is it an “all or nothing” type thing they either are bonded or hate each other.

Peppa and Georgie are always together and i have never seen them fight but they are still young. They sleep together and snuggle up etc, but are they bonded?

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like they are bonded to me. There are bunnies that don’t fight but do not cuddle – more like roommates, but not buddies. So there are many ranges from tolerating to best buddies.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

It can range from tolerance to love like BinkyBunny said… Keep Peppa and Georgie together all the time, housed together, let out to play together, take them to the vet together (even if only one is getting an exam!) You would only separate if they begin to fight. Since they’re both spayed now, hormones are not going to be a factor.

• MarkBun
            Participant
            2842 posts Send Private Message

If they have been altered, then I’d say you have nothing to worry about.

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

I agree. I have 2 bonded pairs. One is a bonded pair of spayed females – no clue as to what their relationship is (mother/daughter, littermates, unrelate) as they came from the shelter that way. They do snuggle from time to time and groom from time to time but nothing constant and no fighting.

My other pair is a male/female – I can only speculate they are mother/son but I really don’t know. They do not snuggle or groom but I will see them sitting next to each other from time to time.

I consider them both bonded pairs as they tolerate and live with each other with no fighting.

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                Participant

Arrr that ok then i do think they are bonded as they do tend to just be together etc, i shall have to put some pics up then you can help me judge ha ha

• 3crazybuns
                  Participant
                  222 posts Send Private Message

If they lay together, groom, and snuggle, then I would say they bonded.—Pic’s would probably help! 😉

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                    Participant

cool i will sort some pics x

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                      Participant

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                        Participant

God not very good at adding the pics, my files too big so have to crop them and then i had loads the same come up. i will try will another xx

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                          Participant

• LilynJestersMama
                            Participant
                            258 posts Send Private Message

Oh my gosh, they are soooooooo cute!  What a gorgeous pair they make! 

I love all your photos of them.  So sweet when they are cuddled up with each other!

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                              Participant

Thank you lilysmama i do love watcing them, they are only really babies so still getting to know them really x

• LilynJestersMama
                                Participant
                                258 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes people I know ask me why I even have bunnies- they are puzzled as to why anyone would want one as they don’t act like a cat or a dog.  My boss asked me a few weeks ago why I would have bunnies.  Non-bunny owners just don’t understand!! 

Our little buns crawl into our hearts and are there forever.  My two don’t come when they’re called and they can be a little stubborn.  They make messes for me to clean up.  I wouldn’t trade it for the world though!  I love to watch them interact with each other (and my 3 cats).  I love to see their binkies!  They do the funniest things!  I can’t imagine not having them in my life.

How neat that you will get to watch them grow- and see their personalities blossom too!  They are sure precious! 

• Miyuki
                                  Participant
                                  240 posts Send Private Message

Hey Peppa just wanted to say your bunnies are cute

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                                    Participant

Arr thank you i do so love them and someone was saying how they seem to be addictive and i think they are right i always start with one and say just the one but always without fail get another, then a bigger cage, then something else and they slowly take over lol.
                                      We have 4 cats and one of them keeps lying with the rabbits and it is so cute i just love it. You are right people who dont have them dont know how funny and cute they are. I think they have a bad rep as people used to always have them in garden in cage just starring out at them. They have such big and different personalities and are so much fun. My aim now is to have one cuddle up on my lap, mine are too busy at the moment hopefully just because they are young. Any tips on developing this would be good. Also can someone tell me how you tell when a rabbit is asleep especially as somone said they can sleep with their eyes open.

• Miyuki
                                      Participant
                                      240 posts Send Private Message

You can tell the rabbit is sleeping if its nose isn’t moving. I think Inkblot almost always sleeps with her eyes open. Or so that I’ve seen. She usually will wake up because she hears me coming.

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                                        Participant

oh i shall watch out for that then thanks xx

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding behaviour are they bonded or just close?