Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding 2 rabbits.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Charl.curry
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hi, I’m new to having rabbits,  but recently we have had a little boy and a girl bunny, both of which are speyed/neutered. So they have been living in 2 separate homes.. side by side for the last 2 weeks , and have shown alot of interest in each other. When one has free run of the garden they will come to the mesh and sniff/flop next to the one that’s inside. So last Thursday I put them both together in a separate run on natural territory and they seemed to get along lovely,sniffing around each other,eating side by side, I did this thurs-sat for 40 mins or so each time, the girl grooming the boy etc. On Sunday I left them for 2 hours, closely monitoring them,again got along lovely, flopping next to each other,playing etc. Then on a later session on the Sunday they’d been together for about 10 minutes wjen all he’ll broke loose,had a huge fight,I had to separate them and one screamed,fur everywhere  ot was horrible. So I tried again wed and Thurs, just for 20mins and they seemed to get along well again. I didn’t catch what caused the fight.. they were both eating alongside each there happily as far as I could see! Anyway.ill continue with small sessions for a while longer and see how we go from there. My query is.. on 9th August we are going away for 4 nights and I’ve booked the rabbits into a rabbit hotel for 4 nights,staying in separate runs alongside each other, ad been able to have separate run around time, but in those 4 nights they won’t have any bonding sessions, will this be like starting all over again after the holiday zand having the potential of breaking any bond already made? 🤔 thanks in advance for any info and help. 😊😊

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like it’s going well aside from that fight! I wonder what triggered it? But good that things are getting back on track. As much as we work to prevent fights, sometimes they are unavoidable.

I don’t think 4 nights without bonding sessions will undo your progress, especially if they are housed side by side. That time in an unfamiliar place but near each other might even help with the process.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Charl.curry
          Participant
          2 posts Send Private Message

Argh thanks for that, I jist hope we don’t go back to square 1. When I saw them fighting I thought that they’d never never able to get along after that,so I’m glad they’re pottering alongside each other nicely now, although I’m on edge and darent take my eyes off them now, and they’re only having little dates for the time being. I’ve no idea what started the fight,it happened sooo quickly but they were vicious!! The noise was horrible, I not even sure who ot was at they were just one big fur ball fighting! I feel better now knowing that it most likely won’t hinder their bonding so thank you so much for your reply 😊😊

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

Things can happen in a flash in the bonding sessions, so it’s good you are being very vigilant. 🙂

I’m sure things will go just fine after your trip. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding 2 rabbits.