Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding 2 males (brothers)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Hayleyw
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hello,

hoping someone can advise me on the next step. To cut a long story short my rabbits had a huge fight before they were neutered and have been separated since. Around a year. Both 2.5 years old brothers.
        I have adapted their outdoor cage and run so they could see and smell each other through mesh. This has been for around 6/8 months.
        Ive started bringing them indoors and putting them together in neutral territory and it seems to go well.
        I can have them together for a couple of hours grooming, cuddling, eating and flopping together with no problems then all of a sudden the one rabbit starts humping the other and I panic it will end in a fight.
        Any idea what my next move should be? I’ve had them together today for 8 hours with the odd bit of humping. They are now separated again but side by side in indoor hutches. I’m just so scared that if I’m not there they will have a fight.
        Thank you

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Humping is part of the bonding process, so you should observe it but not stop it. If it turns to circling or chasing, then intervene. It sounds like they are doing very well, since you’ve also got grooming, cuddling etc. Even in bonded pairs some humping can be normal.

So try not to panic with the humping, and see what happens. If it’s no big deal (they resume their normal bunny business after), then you are in good shape. I would keep extending the length of the sessions, and go for an overnight when you feel ready (you can “sleep” near them so you will hear if they start scuffling).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Hayleyw
          Participant
          2 posts Send Private Message

Okay thank you.
            Going for 12 hours (fingers crossed) together today and then the over night.
            I still don’t feel they have decided who is boss between them yet.
            😊

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding 2 males (brothers)