Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonded bunnies

• This topic has 7sd replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DanaNM.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • auntie
      Participant
      93 posts Send Private Message

In January I moved my bunnies from my enclosed porch to inside.
        this is when the bonding started 😊

now that we are starting to get warmer weather and winter is over I thought about bringing them on the porch after I have thoroughly cleaned it for a couple hours to run and get fresh air.

would this effect their bond? The area I brought them into inside was a neutral area whereas the porch was not

any thoughts or suggestions?

• DanaNM
        8946 posts Send Private Message

Can you give a bit more info on what you have done to bond them? Have they been living together 24/7 inside? If they have been living together 24/7 and appear to be fully bonded inside then you should be able to move them without issues.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• auntie
          Participant

I brought them into a neutral setting and slowly got them together while supervised. It took about 2 weeks for the bonding process to work. They were giving each other baths. Then they started laying and cuddling together. They are together till night time. Their cages are right against each other and they go in their cages only when w go to bed. That way they don’t start playing and wake up my household.

• DanaNM

Gotcha! I would recommend transitioning them to living together 24/7 before attempting to move them to a non-neutral location. You’ll want to at least be within earshot the first 2 nights so you can hear if a fight breaks out. Bonded bunnies should be together all the time, so modifying their cages so they can be completely together would be best.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• auntie
                Participant

I understand. The only problem is that my husband doesn’t want to be woken up in the night because he has a job that requires lots of thinking. And my daughter’s room is right there.

I will see what I can come up with

thank you

• DanaNM

They really shouldn’t make that much more noise than they would individually. If one cage isn’t big enough for both of them, could you attach an x-pen to one of them to give them a bit more space?

Could you remove any “noisy” toys for the night and give them more quiet things to chew?

• auntie
                  Participant

I can definitely give it a try 😊 I would try it on a Friday night that way if my husband wakes up he could sleep in.

would 1 litter box be enough?

• DanaNM

You can give them 1 large litter box or two. My buns have two but they often just sit in the same one together. 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonded bunnies