Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Bonded boys! 💕

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlightbunny66
      Participant
      694 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies have officially moved in together today! I prebonded for about a month (lived next to each other for a month before). I did bonding sessions for a little over a week I think. Didn’t take much effort to get them to love each other. But now they can live happily together! 💘 It makes me happy that I brought home two rescues and can give them happy lives and a best friend. They love to groom each other, snuggle, and eat together. These are photos of them in the pen I set up today. When they got in they were chewing the cardboard together.

• Bam
        16878 posts Send Private Message

🥰🥰🥰

They look so adorable together!

• Moonlightbunny66
          Participant

Thank you Bam! 😊

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

That’s so wonderful! Congratulations! They look sooooo cute and snuggly together!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• talesOfTybalt
              Participant
              104 posts Send Private Message

Yayayay! Congrats, they look like such a soft snuggly pair! <3

• Moonlightbunny66
                Participant

Thanks DanaNM and talesofTybalt! 😆 They are definitely very snuggly! 💜

• Bu20055
                  Participant
                  246 posts Send Private Message

Aww yay! I’m so happy! They’re perfect for each other 🥰

• Louiethebunny
                    Participant
                    603 posts Send Private Message

Yay! they look like a great pair!

• Hazel
                      Participant
                      2587 posts Send Private Message

Yay, that’s great! They look very happy together! 😀

• Moonlightbunny66
                        Participant

Thank you everyone!! 💜😄

• HipHopBunny
                          Participant
                          640 posts Send Private Message

What?… Wait, did I miss something? Huh? I’m not buying it. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING! 😆

Congratulations! A match made in heaven, eh? 😉 WOW. Can you and and @Louiethebunny come here and bond my bunnies for me? 😛 😆

• Louiethebunny
                            Participant
                            603 posts Send Private Message

Haha, we did get lucky with our quick bonds!

• Moonlightbunny66
                              Participant

Thanks HipHopBunny! 😆

• prince dorian the bun
                                Participant
                                743 posts Send Private Message

Yay for another happy bunny match! They look very snuggly. You and @Louiethebunny should post all your pointers!

• LBJ10
                                  16908 posts Send Private Message

Awwww!

• Moonlightbunny66
                                    Participant

Thanks princedorian! I think it was that they were housed next to each other for almost two months before starting bonding sessions. 6 weeks was to let them recover from the neuters. Then I let them see each other. I started prebonding a few days after and cage swapped morning and night. I used stunt doubles too.

I also think their personalities are just good together. Muffin is super chill, and when Pinky “bugs” him, he doesn’t mind.  Pinky can be wild cause he’s under two years old. He’s even landed on Muffin while jumping off my bed twice… Muffin doesn’t bite him or anything lol.

I’d also like to say that the personalities at the shelter can be different from when you bring them home. The shelter told me Muffin didn’t like being pet much and was more scared of people. It was probably the change of environment that made him scared. He warmed up to me pretty quickly. He LOVES attention now. I think a good tip is trying to find out the personalities of the rabbits and see which ones go well together. But if you’ve already got rabbits you’re trying to bond, do lots of prebonding.

• prince dorian the bun
                                      Participant
                                      743 posts Send Private Message

I don’t have a 2nd bun, just Dorian. Yeah I think knowing the personality will be a big one as they have to get a long with Dorian and also be able to free roam. My original intentions was to adopt a pair, but well I met Dorian at the shelter and that was that. Thanks for the tips @Moonlightbunny66 !

• Moonlightbunny66
                                        Participant

Yeah, princedorian, I know you just have the one! 😆 Just shared some tips since you said we should. 🙂 With covid going on, it’s difficult to adopt eh? When I adopted Pinky and Muffin I didn’t get to come see them at the shelter, just photos and videos. But I love them both!

Are you still planning on a second bunny? They’re so hard to resist. 😆

• Bu20055
                                          Participant
                                          246 posts Send Private Message

Hehe @Moonlightbunny66 they are definitely hard to resist lol. Thanks for the bonding tips!

I’m going to be fostering another bun starting on the weekend, and likely bonding him with Esther so long as her health remains well. I’m planning on doing a lot of prebonding as well, both to help make it a smoother less stressful bond and to give more time to make sure both buns are in good health.

The bun I’ll be fostering has been in foster homes for 2 years now! The poor guy! Weirdest thing is that he doesn’t have any health problems. I think it’s just that the rescue is quite small and had 3 litters of buns all around the same time, only a few months apart. They had at least 15 babies from all the litters! That’s a lot of buns!

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Bonded boys! 💕