Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Biting & Digging at my Tops

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • ASTRIX
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi Everyone,

my name is Sacha, from melbourne in Australia. i have a 5 month old male Mini Lop eared rabbit called ELVIS.

I have heaps of questions, but for now, when i’m watching TV or sitting up in bed of a night and Elvis jumps on my lap, why does he bite and pull at my top and dig on me. even if i stroke him and talk to him he continues to do it.

i work from home 2-3 days a week so he has plenty of contact with me, even when i’m working i stop and talk to him, give him a pat. he is allowed to ro around the house apart from the bedrooms. and only allowed in my bedroom when i am there with him.

i have 2 x female chihuahua dogs but they don’t take any notice of him. so i wondered whether he’s bored. or is he deciding whether to pee and poop on me lol lol.

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

One of my buns does this! I honestly can’t figure it out, but I think if you pet him during/after you could be accidentally rewarding that behavior and encouraging it. I think it can be either an attention seeking behavior, or something to do with them trying to “groom” us (“what is all this STUFF on your fur??”- buns probably).

With my bun I try to redirect him away. Like if he starts nibbling on my clothes too much I will move him away from me (or roll up the sleeve/pant leg that he’s nibbling). My bun likes to lick my skin so I think often he’s trying to get through the fabric to get to me skin.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Biting & Digging at my Tops