Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE bio-odor?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • luvabunny22y
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

hey everybody, i was just wondering about the rabbit product bio-odor? has anyone used it? is it safe for bunnies? and if not what can i do to minimize both of my rabbits smells? i’ve already have the spayed and neutered and i’m pretty sure that they’re on a pretty good diet?

thanks

• Carolyn
        Participant
        95 posts Send Private Message

I have use that stuff for my rats,  becuase on raining day the apparment smelled bad from the rats. So I can tell you the stuff works well for stopping the rats from giving off their order. On rainny days now we don’t even smell them.

I have not use it on my rabbits though, I don’t find that mine smell. So  I don’t  know if it works for them or if it make them ill or not. If you decide to use it, I’d use with causion to make sure it dosn’t make her sick, you know how their stomics can be, and a vet trip is never any fun.

My other serguestion would be to clean her litter box and bedding maybe a little more often, I don’t know how often you clean it but it too well help with the smell with out having to put cemicals in her body that she may not need.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

i haven’t heard from any vets recommending this product for rabbits so am not sure how safe it is for bunnies. Osprey recently recommended Aspen Supreme litter and it’s by far superior to any litter i’ve tried in regards to odor control, so you might give it a try as well.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

Hello! I’ve used it!
              My boyfriend wanted to try it since he is very sensitive to smells and the rabbit pee smell really bothered him…I tried it out. It works and my bunny seemed fine on it…No problems at all. It says it’s safe b/c it’s all natural, which doesn’t mean a thing, but all the ingredients seem ok, and like i said-Kokanee did fine on it.
              I stopped using it when we got kahlua, just as a precaution, because she’s a baby. When she’s all grown up I will probably use it again…Unless someone cautions against it in this thread!!

• Bunnies4ever
              Participant
              368 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies don’t smell, so I’ve never had a use for it. Once when I was fostering a bunny, I was given a bag of bunny stuff and a bottle of it was in the bag. I read the ingredients and didn’t see anything toxic.

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I have not and will not use bio-odor.  Bunnies are such sensitive animals that anything that is OK for one species may or may not be OK for them.  The one rabbit I did see on it had very dry fur and wasn’t as spunky as a bun should be. I too off of Osprey’s recommendation use Aspen Supreme and it is awesome with odor control. Even using it 1/2 & 1/2 with Yesterday’s news.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE bio-odor?