Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR binkies

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    • carrie
      Participant
      25 posts Send Private Message

what exactly are binkies when talking about rabbit(may be a stupid question)

• bigsis7
        Participant
        732 posts Send Private Message

No question is stupid ;-). A binky is what a rabbit does when its happy. They jump up in the air and sorta wiggle. Here’s a video of a rabbit binky:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyPv5Ai9-hk

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

Binkies are what they call a happy dance - jumping up, twisting and flicking the feet and head in the air! I have yet to see one from Edson but many here have rabbits that binky! I have seen them do this at the rescue when they get to come out and play.  It is quite amusing.  Just google “binkies” and you can see videos I’m sure!

Bigsis beat me to it with the video!

• carrie
            Participant

well that is what she is doing except she has been jumping up in the air

• Balefulregards
              Participant
              715 posts Send Private Message

Coco didn’t binky for months – I mean MONTHS post her adoption. I have only started seeing her do them with regularity since the spay ( so last two weeks)

She mostly leaps and wiggles – and she has a spectacular vertical onto the bed leap. She mainly binkies in the morning for me. I assume this is her personality – and each rabbit has their own way of doing their version. Like the Elaine dance , but rabbit style

• Cassi&Charlie
                Participant
                1260 posts Send Private Message

yeah Charlies binkies are pretty much vertical, nothing like I see on youtube and Layla’s are completely hozontal (usually into walls).
                  knowltons, I only saw a few from Charlie until we got Layla and not he binkies every morning for me, but they’re a bit wierd as if he’s not really sure how to binky. It’s too cute.

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

The boogie bunny bop

• Ruffles&Daisy
                    Participant
                    265 posts Send Private Message

Ruffles binkied the first day we brought him home. How cute….But not to hijack this thread, what’s a flop and why isn’t my bun doing it?

• Ang
                      Participant
                      257 posts Send Private Message

moreland was binkying lastnight like crazy he was a buckin bronco. hes a little clumsy with it he would land and his feet still sideways and stumble a bit. he was buckin right at me and it kind of spooked me so i jumped up quick and giggled. (reason i was scared is he likes to charge at me and nip me) i have only had him a week today so its me getting used to him and him getting used to me.

hes crazy when hes happy! its great!

• msarro
                        Participant
                        119 posts Send Private Message
                          Posted By Ruffles on 08/20/2008 7:01 AM
                          Ruffles binkied the first day we brought him home. How cute….But not to hijack this thread, what’s a flop and why isn’t my bun doing it?

A flop is when a rabbit flops over on its side. Imagine being so tired you just kinda flop on to a bed. Bunnies do the same thing

• Alicia Conklin
                          Participant
                          721 posts Send Private Message

Tucker usually binkies while he’s running..I equate it to when my pug gets out of the bath and she goes nuts..that’s what he looks like and he binkies in the air.

He also does them horizontally into walls..ouch!

I love when Tucker flops..he is so funny because he goes up in the air and then bang down on his side haha… it took him a while to do that with me..I think they have to get comfortable first.  It was almost a month until he’d do anything but bun loaf.

Binkies though..he did those his first night in his new cage…he was like “woohoo no petstore cage anymore!!!”

• MarkBun
                            Participant
                            2842 posts Send Private Message

A binkie is a sign of happiness
                              A flop is a sign of contentness

• wendyzski
                              Participant
                              1312 posts Send Private Message

Pepper has binkied since a week after she came home with me, but I’ve only seen one flop in the nearly 2 years.  She’s just a very alert bun – which would make sense because she was dumped in a park at puberty.

• Sage Cat
                                Participant
                                1883 posts Send Private Message

Winston is a major Binky bunny. He does the Bunny 500, jumps up, wiggles, then runs around some more. I have never seen him flop.

Kay does not Binky very often – but when she does – serious air time! I see her flop about once a day.

I also had a cat that flopped constantly – she would just fall right on over. Flops always crack me up!!

• carrie
                                  Participant

my bunny started binkying the second day i had her and i have seen her flop one time it is soo cute

• PeppersMama
                                    Participant
                                    391 posts Send Private Message

My pepper binkies and flops ALL THE TIME. i really cant go a day without seeing him do either. If hes in his pen he flops…if hes on the floor in the room he binkies and then flops. its so cute! he is a very expressive bun.

• kimberleyanddarren
                                      Participant
                                      2520 posts Send Private Message

a binkie is a bunny saying ‘OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED IM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE NA NA NA NA NA’
                                        a flop is a bunny saying ‘ohh yeahh im having a snooze, watching the world go by mmhmmm’

• kAtHrYnLoVeSdAiSy
                                        Participant
                                        36 posts Send Private Message

Being new to the rabbit world, I thought Daisy was just frightened of everything when she was doing Binkies! I kept thinking “Ahhh, poor little girl, frightened of her own shadow!” I was SO glad when I found out she was just happy!!

As for the flops, I swear I could kiss her all over when she does it!!She flops around 10pm every single evening and lies there like a little puppy dog for ages! Although when I approach her, she sits up. Perhaps she feels a little vulnerable like that?

• carrie
                                          Participant

maybe it takes a little while for them to really get comfy with you, my bun bun does the same thing

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                            Participant
                                            12067 posts Send Private Message

ROTFL man you must have been thinking ‘poor bun is frightened’ all the time -that’s hilarious!!

I have to say we thought Kokanee was one weird bun with the flopping and the binkying…It’s weird we weren’t worried, we just thought she was weird and didn’t even wonder why she was doing it-just thought it was funny!!

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR binkies