Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Best place in the house for a rabbit to live in

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ginger&Seal
      Participant
      74 posts Send Private Message

Hi, so I’ve notice i have a bunny prone to stress and i feel like that has been the cause of his GI stasis, I’ve moved them both (bonded pair) into my room because i feel like my living room would be too much noise (i am Hispanic with 5 family members, so the stereotype is real it’s a loud family). Anyways my room is very small and yeah there’s space to run and zoomies i kinda feel like it’s not enough, unlike my living room where they can have lots of space to run. Any helpful ideas are appreciated.

• Ginger&Seal
        Participant

Sorry i just realized i have more to add, my room is so close to the street and front entrance of my house I’m also a bit paranoid of him getting spooked by the cars that pass by and can u believe that my neighbors in front run a car shop in front so they’re always making noise and starting car engines.

• ParsleyBun
          Participant
          119 posts Send Private Message

If you have a decent basement, that could work! 🙂 (Edit: I saw one of your previous posts and it said you live in an apartment, so I guess you probably don’t have a basement.)

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

How long have you had your bunnies? Buns will get used to noises they hear a lot, but you’re right in that certain noises can still be stressful, especially when they are unfamiliar.

Usually having the buns in a busy part of the house is actually better, because they get more interaction and attention. That said, if it is a lot of yelling and they seem stressed, then you could try them in your room.

It might be good just to try them in your room and see how it goes. Sometimes adding a white-noise machine or some calm music playing can help them not be so startled by other sudden noises.  I wonder if maybe you could let them roam in your room plus a little hallway during play time if you think they need a bit more room to run?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ginger&Seal
              Participant

I adopted Seal (the one who gets GI stasis) a little over a year ago, and the rescue mentioned he used to live around dogs. Sometimes there is yelling but it’s mostly like feet stomping and the opening and closing of doors that kinda make me paranoid. I can try speaking to everyone in my house to work something out if not then yeah my room.
                I moved a year ago and when i first adopted seal in my old house he was fine in the living room and this is honestly my fault but their living space after when they were bonded in this new house I’m in was in the foyer entrance and I’m guessing the smacking of the door opening and closing might’ve caused it and people just constantly passing by might’ve spooked him as well as the outside noises. I’m going to try the living room if my family agrees and give lots of hidey houses, what do u guys think. Because in my room they’re still getting the loud noises from the auto shop right in front of me basically lol and in the living room they’d be farther away.

• Susanne
                Participant
                419 posts Send Private Message

Hi, I had thought about making something for mine that was sound proof/sound resistant when I was having work done at my place. I never actually did it… but the thought was a large box, or crate, or house made of NIC cubes, then cover with a sound proof blanket or foam. That way, they could at least get some sound relief when they wanted to sleep. I’m not super creative with these things but just a thought!

• DanaNM
                  8935 posts Send Private Message

I think adding some hides and things is a good idea. If you can set up their pen as a home-base in an area farthest from the door, and then have some hides and ‘safe’ spots there, I think that would be good. You could even hang a towel or blanket on one side of the pen so the bun doesn’t feel so exposed on all sides.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cinnamon Bun
                    Participant
                    205 posts Send Private Message

Ooooh, I love Seal’s name! I don’t really have any good ideas for your situation, but seeing your sweet bun just bought back some memories. I lost my bun, Binkie, to GI stasis a few months ago and she looked exactly like him ♡

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Best place in the house for a rabbit to live in