Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Best flooring or flooring covers for bunnies?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • MimzMum
      Participant
      8029 posts Send Private Message

I’m curious, I have linoleum on my floor that I place my buns’ xpen upon, but I wonder if I can really keep it clean enough for them that they don’t pick up anything off of it. Not to mention there is always a bit of road dust everywhere in my place that I simply can’t get it all, all the time. (we don’t have paved roads here)

Can anyone recommend something to put down over the floor but under the xpen edges so that they have their OWN floor to walk upon? I’ve tried towels, but they eat those. Bathmats or shower curtains, rubber or otherwise are in the same danger. And it has to be easy to store when the xpen is not set up.

Any ideas, please? Thankies!

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

You can try sheet vinyl or even tarp as long as the edges are out passed the edge of the xpen. I think with tarp though you would really have to get it smoothed out otherwise the wrinkles would be in the chew dangerzone. I know some people use Coroplast – it’s like a corrugated plastic.

Again if your bunnies are major chewers, then I would recommend the sheet vinyl and just make sure that the edges are far enough outside of the xpen so that not only would they be away from naughty bunny teeth, but it could also be far enough away from any urine that crept over to the edge of the xpen, otheriwise it will settle underneath and permanently stinkify the the vinyl. You can fold up the edges though of the sheet vinyl to prevent that from happening.

Let us know what finally ends up working for you.l

• Firsttimer
          Participant
          144 posts Send Private Message

I’ve recently discovered that carpet squares are really good.  I have slippery floors and previously tried all of the things you mentioned which pepper attempted to chew her way through.  But so far the carpet squares remain unchewed.  AND if Pepper has an accident I can just lift one square to give it a clean and the other squares can remain for traction.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

do they eat carpet? i just did a large area rug underneath. my buns (well, Meadow) will pull up fibers, but she doesn’t eat them. she’s also perfectly littertrained tho… so that might not work if they still have an occasional pee accident.

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Hmm, all this floor talk makes me itch to pull up my own carpet in my bedroom and re-finish the solid hardwood floor. Oh well. I agree with the linoleum. Try a carpet outlet store for any spare small rolls left over, as I mentioned in another post, you can usually score enough for a whole cage for about $4.

• MimzMum
                Participant

Thanks for the replies everyone! ^_^ Yes, Pip tends to chew any fabric that comes within reach of her toofies, so I think I’ll stick with plastic-y coverings.
                  So, would something like visqueen do? We usually keep lots of that around to cover drafty windows with in winter.

Oh DARN, I forgot to look for ceramic tiles to keep them cool! *slaps forehead*

• BabyJoey
                  Participant
                  29 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been using Coroplast (I think that’s what it’s called) it’s plastic board made for signs. It’s been working great for my buns!

• MimzMum
                    Participant

Just a quick question, anyone know the best place to get Coroplast?

• kralspace
                      Participant
                      2663 posts Send Private Message

call around to different sign shops, the price can really vary. I got an 4×8 sheet for $15 at one shop (and they cut it for me) and got quotes from $15 to $45 from other shops.

Kathy

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Best flooring or flooring covers for bunnies?